2014 2120 sc enclosed transom?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pnltbox

Reaction score
I was just browsing boats and saw a picture of the new 2014 Parker 2120sc, with a molded splash guard? Have not seen it on the Parker web site yet, Has anyone else seen it? I would rather have them fully enclose it like the 2320.
It would really open the deck up.
Here is the link to the ad http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2014/Pa ... ted-States

Attachments

• 2014 parker.jpg
    2014 parker.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,348
  • 2120 top view.jpg
    2120 top view.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,345
Interesting.

A friend of mine has a 2120 and that new thing there looks like a pain in the ass. Basically turned a nice fishing boat into a ski boat with cushy seats.

Bad design.

Pnltbox":1vzy05yq said:
I would rather have them fully enclose it like the 2320.
It would really open the deck up.
Yeah, but ... it is what the new-to-boating customer wants ...

I agree, that takes off more room than a ... gulp, wait for it ... Euro transom :shock: !

Terrible design. Not a fan at all. What is going on with Parker manufacturing seems like they are getting away from what has made "Parker" Parker. What a waste of space.

Bryan 2530":1qfjr764 said:
Interesting.

A friend of men has a 2120 and that new thing there looks like a pain in the ass. Basically turned a nice fishing boat into a ski boat with cushy seats.

Bad design.

Your exactly right. My 2120 is just large enough for 3 fishing. That knocks it down to room for 2. Would just be in the way.
New aero-dynamic fenders on that trailer also.

I like the livewell and the splash well but I would prefer that the seats in the corners be removed.. I am sure someone can order a boat with it.

Yeah, but ... it is what the new-to-boating customer wants ...

Exactly! You gotta please Momma,,,,,and Momma want's to know where she is going to sit? Even through Momma really doesn't have a clue aboat a boat, she's the one that will give the nod to turn loose of the $$$.

That live well takes up way too much space. That is where I usually put my fish cooler. As stated I would have liked them to close transom and put engine on a bracket.

Lucky John":1lb8t9a5 said:
That live well takes up way too much space. That is where I usually put my fish cooler. As stated I would have liked them to close transom and put engine on a bracket.

Agreed!

I always liked the commercial, no-nonsense design of Parker...... This to me looks like the type of live well setup you'd find on a Sea Hunt, etc.....

Completely agree with Brad.
I guess this change will make our older models worth more. If I were in the market for a new boat Parker would no longer be my top choice based on the changes they have made.

This is what my boat looks like, with a full bracket. Parker needs to take some lessons. (mack)

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 1,048
Back