2014 2120 sc enclosed transom?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what a boat should look like.

Attachments

• 20140108_135726.jpg
    20140108_135726.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 20140108_135637.jpg
    20140108_135637.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,044
I was at the Charleston boat show this weekend and I saw the new 2120 design. I didn't read this thread before tonight, but I can tell you that I'm in agreement on many of the opinions already stated. I actually told my friend that my 2120 might hold its value better now due to the new layout. What you can't see good in the pics is that the 2 jump seats are also now deeper by about 6" or so. Combine that with the live well that is further forward than the old splash guard by about 12" and it makes a surprisingly big difference in the feel of the deck space. Like many, I keep 2 deck chairs on each side of the door opening on mine. If you did this on the new one, you could hardly take a step aft before hitting the live well and jump seats. I didn't like it. The only good thing about it was the much needed corner scuppers and that they are completely separate (under) from the jump seat lockers and drain out the transom not the engine well. I guess they don't wan't to close the transom and bracket the motor because it would be basically be like the 2320. They should have just made the live well lower to have engine tilt clearance and used some of the bulge space to do it? It's a shame that this new design is not very good.

I also saw the new 2120 yesterday at the CT boat show. Its even worse in person. The whole concept just makes no sense and Parker is totally going away from what made these boats desirable. I talked to the salesman from boats Inc here in CT and he said through out the show he had received about 95% negative feed back on the Parker changes and that everyone he talked to who is a current Parker owner told him that they are now more then ever less willing to trade in there old classic Parkers for a new one. From a salesman stand point he was not very happy.

As warthog says, "Gotta have seats" these days,
where else for livewell ?

It does look small.

warthog5":3fbuvm3o said:
Exactly! You gotta please Momma,,,,,and Momma want's to know where she is going to sit? Even through Momma really doesn't have a clue aboat a boat, she's the one that will give the nod to turn loose of the $$$.

Exactly right.
I absolutely hate carrying 'deck chairs' on the boat because they get in the way when fishing, but it is what the Admiral wants, so I put up with it.

Gonna throw those things overboard someday... :evil:

We prefer to have bean bags. the best seat in the house when underway, and easily stowed when it's time to fish, crab, dive etc.

I still don't know what seating or bait wells or the Admiral has to do with such a poor selection of design
It also looks like the fit and finish looks cheap
They could have the back just like the 2320 is now
Everyone likes it Admiral and all so go with it
Why the 2120 has to keep the jump seats at all is besides me or keep them as is
If your going to take the time to change the design then do it
When I talked to Linnwood at the boat show years ago about the 2120
He said " It took some time to get all the lines right so when she is on the water it looks
Just like the 2520 2320 all to scale" sooooooo do that don't cheapen the look
And If you want seating put the Bench seat that's available to the 2320 and the 2520

Done

^^^^^^^ Im with ya. Parker has fallen into the "Clorox bottle" category of boats, no longer a unique looking boat.

At least they aren't designing 30'+ euro transom dual consoles like the goofs over at Grady White.

Even though I have owned two Parker CC's, I have always liked the 2120. I have looked at them several times (along with the Steigers), and came close to trading before I sold my 23se a few years ago. If the 2120 had a closed transom and bracket, I would order one today ... 8)

Closed transom with lockers for the battery's etc., engine bracket and a foldable bench seat across the back. Slam dunk. They could have worked a live-well into the top of the locker if needed. That set up would still have more deck space than the current version. Does anybody know the difference in open deck space (cabin bulk head to transom edge or jump seats) between the 2320 and the old 2120 design? I've always assumed the 2 feet was the live well and locker area and not including the bracket or swim platform?

One of the reasons that I bought the 2120 in 2003 when I was at the boat show
I brought a tape with me and measured from the bulkhead to the front edge of the motor well on the 2320
And the 2120 had more cockpit space with the 2003 design and for the money I pulled the trigger for the 2120
I figured save some gas and have more inches for diving and fishing where I'm going to be standing
Now... that's blown out of the water I agree with "shawnee83" and that way everything is the same
Don't get it :roll:
With this design you have shifted the base of buyers to a Googins boat using a word from Wicked Tuna

I was at the AC boat show yesterday. OMG after seeing this in person they have ruined the 2120, what a horrible design. Throw a cooler on the deck and there will be no room to fish, what a shame. I was looking at the Steiger Craft and they have my eye. Good fit and finish, the 26 with a ten foot beam would be my dream boat but at 129,00 I need to hit lotto :(

Agreed, I was at the show also yesterday and was all over the Parker display. Disappointed in the 2120, but my God I hope that 2820 is in my future someday.
My only complaint was the spreader light installs on the pilothouses. Good grief, there has to be a better way. I was going to take pics, but was afraid my camera would be confiscated. LOL
It looked like an after thought, too much slack in the wire and just one big glob of sealant where it broke through the roof. Thumbs down to whomever did that install. :roll:

I was on the 2820 for awhile myself and noticed the same thing lol. 137,000 for the 28 is alot of coin. I saw a 2520sl on boat trader and waiting for a call back. I love new, but taking that BIG hit on a new boat is something I really don't want to do, worse than buying a new car.

I came very close to buying a 2120 a few years ago, but I really wanted a full transom boat with a bracket. When I took a tour of the Parker factory a little while back I asked Robin why Parker didn't offer the 2120 with this configuration. She told me that I was not even close to being the first person to ask this question. She said that the 2120 and similar sized boats simply did not handle well with the outboard placed this far astern and that Parker wouldn't offer this option on any boat of this size in the future.
Dave the Geezer

I could be wrong and it will remain to be seen but that new design for the 2120
I think will put a hurt on sales of the 2120 :roll:

Back