2014 2120 sc enclosed transom?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was at the Boston Boat show Sunday the sales man said the closed transom is a option ?
You can still get it the old way ! I said 'really" ? he said Yup :)
So I guess its not a change unless you want it ,,,

That's interesting...... I was at the show Sunday as well and noticed the 2120 on display was already sold! That "option" looked even worse in person.

Did you find the little 3A Marine footballs inside the live well on the 21dv cc :?: :D

No on the footballs.. haha
But yes on worse in person
Literally more than half the cockpit is gone! :shock:
Glad for them they sold the boat
Hate to see the dealers get hurt
I also hate the white gelcoat

Ditto they are making a big mistake with the hull color changes. The 2120 transom layout is a total waste looks like all the others that you see.
"Bean"

I'm with you guys, horrible design.

The cockpit of the 2120 sc is minimal as is. I have spent hours in there trying to make a cooler and livewell fit good but there solution makes the situation much worst. The transom of the 2120 is its weakest link but that new layout is not the solution

Needs to be closed and bracketed. If they insist on seats back there for sales they should be kept removable and and can be an option.A fold down can even work there.

For the livewell dilemma I put a big 30 gal round one behind the cabin on the port side and it works nice. It sits partialy on the side step and the top of it is just under the window. The cabin door can still open plenty wide and I can still easily walk up the gunnel to the bow.If you need live bait its a decent solution.

While we are designing an in-floor fishbox would be a fishermans dream come true.

My Off White no frills 23 foot super skiff just went up in value and became rare with the looks of the 2014 product line IMO.
Unless any potential buyer would ask "why only 2 drink holders" 8)

Scuppers hidden, safety issue
clear top bait well, cooks and keeps bait on edge
save a dollar for every time you kick that bait well, and you can buy a new boat
2 people in seats, full bait well, a lot of weight in the stern
bright white gel coat all over blinds you all day

SIMPLY SAID......."IF IT AIN"T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!"

I think it is pretty evident that Parker has decided to market this boat and others in such a way to gain market share in the "family boating" segment. I live not to far from the Long Island dealer and laugh every time I pass and see all the "pretty colors" :D . If you want a 21' closed transom pilothouse think Steiger Miami.

Disclaimer: I don't own nor have ever owned a Steiger.

Just my opinion but those difiance boats are ugly.
A lot of non fans on facebook of the new 2120 rightfully so

Another great Parker feature is bilge access (compared to other boats I've owned). This new design looks like it would be a real hassle to get down there if necessary....... figure bilge pump, live well pump......

Pnltbox":1741lu8o said:
I know I shouldn't post this on here, BUT, Defiance boats look almost the same, have zero wood in them and you can get them with or without the enclosed transom, I still love my 07 2120 Parker. But look at the 220ex

http://defianceboats.com

Google Defiance boats and problems. The owner of the company Bo Palmer is a real shyster and has many complains online about those boats and other companies he has owned.

Back