2015 - 2320 Autopilot Pump Placement Location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellow Parker owners - question please.

I'm going to be installing a Simrad AP44 VRF medium capacity autopilot on my 2320 in a few weeks and was inquiring today where is the best location on the boat to mount the hydraulic pump. any info greatly apprecited and thanks again.

Dennis

Here is the install on my 2801. It is on the shelf just inside the console. On the 2320 you would mount the pump in essentially the same position which would be atop the shelf in front of your feet as you sit in the helm chair.

Whatever you decide the last place I would mount it would be in a wet unprotected area such as the bilge.

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
I have a 2005 Parker 2520. On my boat, lower right of the helm chair there are a couple of storage bins. I mounted my autopilot pump in the forward bin. The pump has been there 6 years and I still don’t have any regrets of the mounting location. I lost a little storage room in the bin by putting the pump there but can still store a few light items, zip ties, paper towels and other soft or blunt items that won’t damage the autopilot pump when they bounce around.

Sorry, I don’t have a picture and the boat is wrapped up for a couple more months.

Inside your console next to the helm pump is where I mounted my ap pump on my 2320, in my 2820 I put it in the passenger seat behind the helm seat with the sea star power assist pump.

Here is the install on my 2801. It is on the shelf just inside the console. On the 2320 you would mount the pump in essentially the same position which would be atop the shelf in front of your feet as you sit in the helm chair.

Whatever you decide the last place I would mount it would be in a wet unprotected area such as the bilge.

Finally!! You finally pried open the wallet and purchased an AP for the 2801? Good to hear! This will make the trips to the Middle Grounds (and beyond) so much easier.

It appears that you mounted the pump in the console. That's a good spot for it. I've mounted 2 pumps in that location in a Parker. It's easy to service and protected from the elements. Buttttttt.......

.....For those that have a SeaStar PowerAssist steering system, be aware that SeaStar makes an AP pump that mounts directly to the Power Assist pump. You literally bolt the AP pump directly to the PowerAssist pump. You then wire the AP pump to the AP computer.

Installation is marginally easier with this SeaStar AP system (if you already have a Power Assist system) compared to a traditional AP system from Garmin, Raymarine, Simrad, Furuno ........ but the response-time and course accuracy of the direct-connect autopilot pump is remarkably better with the SeaStar system. It's also worth noting that my recently installed pump is located 3ft in front of the motor (in an enclosed area) so the improved response time may be related to the shorter length to the motors.

Mine is a Simrad rpu80 pump mounted horizontally inside the pilothouse on the starboard side all the way behind the helm seat and storage area : it’s where the rod tips would enter if you put rods through the little grommet from the cockpit.

4-CA130-AF-252-E-4325-B0-E5-CE64-AF17-D6-A8.jpg

way behind this organization out of the way, clean dry and safe.

E515-EA9-F-477-D-4-CCC-AF67-53-F503-FEF286.jpg

Latest posts

Back