2015 Spring Commissioning Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the second coat of Fleetwax on the hull today before our weather goes to shit this evening.

My boat is finally 'uncovered', so she goes into the water tomorrow. 8)

Attachments

• 13 hull.jpg
    13 hull.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 245
  • 14 I'm next!.jpg
    14 I'm next!.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 245
Good news for you Kevin. The Megabyte is looking ship shape. Hope you get good weather on Friday/Sat for a shakedown cruise or some fishing :D I'm heading to Beaufort Friday to hopefully come closer to finishing my spring list. Need to install those LED Nav lights, do some minor gel coat repairs and a touch up bottom paint job. If I can get that done this weekend then I can have my new numbers and boat name etc.. Installed next week. After that, other than cleaning stuff, I just want to enjoy it for the rest of the season and do some fishing.

Beautiful job Kevin. I'm retiring in December and I told my wife that next spring I plan to get my boat looking as good as yours!!!

Thanks for posting all the secrets.

Steve

Checking the forecast this morning, and I see this: :(

April 23, 2015 – We have another surge of arctic air on the way that will bring temperatures down into the lower 30s Friday morning. After reaching 71F on Wednesday, this will have some sting to it. Consider the reference to Baltimore’s BWI that averages a high of 67F and low of 45F today, we will be 10 degrees below that. But the potential freezing conditions will be inland away form the city and Chesapeake Bay. Here, the alerted counties are shade for southern Pennsylvania, northern Maryland, and along the mountains of Virginia.

Screen-Shot2015-04-23-06_12_46.jpg

Boatyard calls this morning and said she had been splashed and was waiting for me at the end of the lift-way. :D
Checked TPLM2 and discovered the winds were from the WNW steady at 20 knots, gusting to 25. :(
Probably the worst direction and conditions for getting into my slip.

But hey... this isn't my first rodeo. :wink:

Took the Admiral with me because she might need to tend to the bow lines.
We have a routine... She handles the bow lines, I tend to the spring and stern lines.
We've done this hundreds of times. 8)

Guy at the boatyard met us and is all about the boat. He knows how many hours I've put into her this spring.
His partner keeps saying... holy shit... I want that boat. :)

OK, time to go.

Wind is hawking on my port stern as I back out of the lift-well and I actually have to add power as I back out to keep her going straight.
Got her turned into the wind, and headed to the slip.
With a temp in the low 50 degree range and that wind... dang it was cold! :shock:

Made my approach and backed her in.
One little touch on the port side piling, and we were in. Good thing I'd prepped all of my lines before hand.

Went home and got the outriggers out of the storage rack and polished them up.
Transported them to the boat and installed them.
Topped off the batteries, then did an instrument check and zero'd out the handheld GPS as well as the main Garmin 2010c.

I'm almost ready to fish. :wink:

Attachments

• 15 in the liftway.jpg
    15 in the liftway.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 203
  • 16 ready for the slip.jpg
    16 ready for the slip.jpg
  • 17 home again.jpg
    17 home again.jpg
  • 18 Outrigger polishing.jpg