2016 25XLD 300hp Yamaha - dial in

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio_01

Reaction score
I’m looking for some advise from other 25XLD owners. I have the single 300 with a 4 blade stainless prop and I’m curious what trim / tilt you’re running and what performance you’re getting. It seems like trim tabs about middle and engine trimmed up 2-3 bars is giving me the low 20’s and about 4500 rpm. I plan to spend some more time this weekend dialing it in.

I’ve owned much larger diesel powered boats, but this is the first single outboard I’ve had in this size class. Just looking for some advise on the best configuration for the trim / tilt to run and what you’re experience has been for finding the sweet spot for cruising. Thanks!!

No dought you can do all that....But If you have been around here long enough then you know.....Raise the motor.

They are typically mounted to low. There are plenty of threads discussing this subject.

It will free the boat up.....Steer easier...Go faster and get better fuel millage.

With normal light sea conditions I would run the engine tilt about halfway and trim tabs 3-4 bars down. Doing 4300 with my 3 blade Yamaha Saltwater Prop I would be about 28 mph and burning approx. 14 gph.

Two years ago I switched over to a 4 blade power tech prop. I lost a little off the top end BUT I plane a lot quicker and fuel consumption improved. I can now cruise at 4100 and still do 28mph.

Now if I could only top off the dam tank without having to trickle it in for the last 20 gallons...…...after 4 seasons this has totally got on my nerves.

Back