2024 2100SE Radar mount

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starboard sits atop the aluminum.
Top of aluminum not finished.
Cable clams to go on top of canvas.
Bottom of aluminum which will show from underneath is finished.
Double layer of 10 x 10 Starboard will go between done and canvas.
Before I poke any holes through the canvas I am going to work any slack out of the lacing and make it all nice and snug.
Cables where exposed to sunlight will be wrapped with spiral wrap.

Attachments

• IMG_7587.jpeg
    IMG_7587.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7586.jpeg
    IMG_7586.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7590.jpeg
    IMG_7590.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7591.jpeg
    IMG_7591.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
The Garmin radome is not super supportive of having the cables run down beneath the dome. See mounting instructions here: https://static.garmin.com/pumac/GMR_Fantom_Domes_18x_24x_Install_EN-US.pdf

As designed, the cables want to run out the back or the sides of the dome. You could probably get away with running them down through a hole right beneath the plug attachment point, but there’s no way to provide strain relief for the cables in that position, nor is there any room for slack cable to facilitate installation or removal of the dome. You’d also likely run into problems sealing the hole that the cables run through, which would likely lead to water leaking through the t-top.

Unfortunately, the last few domes I’ve mounted have been set up to facilitate either mounting on a pedestal through which the cable runs, or through a separate gland. The sealed nature of the domes, with the cable plugs on the exterior, make cable routing beneath the dome pretty difficult.

C9D252DE-2AF2-4BAC-AB72-6C094D17B111.jpegBE7DED9E-C652-4089-AEE0-F8D6661189EA.png

Starboard sits atop the aluminum.
Top of aluminum not finished.
Cable clams to go on top of canvas.
Bottom of aluminum which will show from underneath is finished.
Double layer of 10 x 10 Starboard will go between done and canvas.
Before I poke any holes through the canvas I am going to work any slack out of the lacing and make it all nice and snug.
Cables where exposed to sunlight will be wrapped with spiral wrap.
Looks good. The larger plastic piece goes underneath the canvas, correct? If so, I’d recommend you radius the corners a bit more to avoid creating a sharp point against which the canvas presses, which could eventually lead to fabric failure. Unless I’m not envisioning the install plan correctly.

I originally started out thinking I would use the two 1/2” spacers up top but as it turned out it was better to put one on the inside and one up top. Without the additional one under the canvas it was going to have a slight valley there which I didn’t like.

Attachments

• IMG_7606.jpeg
    IMG_7606.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7607.jpeg
    IMG_7607.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7605.jpeg
    IMG_7605.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Back