2110 Prop Reference

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucky

Reaction score
I know this forum contains a lot of prop selection info, but it's a lot to navigate through. I'm hoping someone can point to a good reference for prop selection.

I'm running a '99 2110 with a recently rebuilt Yamaha 175 SS II. After running her out on the lake, the guy that did the rebuild told me I should drop down a pitch size - that the RPMs are not where they need to be at WOT. There is a 17P on there now. I'm not sure about the diameter. My experience from this past week:

Started with 100 gals of fuel, 800 lbs of crew, and close to 500 lbs of gear (camping/fishing). Out of the marina, I could barely get 3600 RPM and 12 - 14 mph. Couldn't get on plane even with the tabs down. Once the gear was offloaded, the RPM went up to low/mid 4K range and 31 mph. As the week ran on and the fuel dropped to about 1/2, I could get 4600 RPM and 32 - 33 MPH. Each day I meant to check the level of the cavitation plate when on plane, and each day I forgot to, so I don't know yet if I need to raise the engine. I suspect so, but won't make that change until I can see it under power. BTW, I'm not as interested in top end speed as I am in performance. I want to do right by the motor. She cruises beautifully at 25 - 30. Such a nice ride. And I mostly troll with a kicker anyway.

My next trip will be just 2 of us - maybe 325 lbs of crew. I plan to start with just the 1/2 tank and I expect I will see further improvement, but probably not the 5000 - 5500 RPM that I believe is preferred. So all this yabbering comes down to the question of "what prop?"

I would appreciate all references and suggestions?

Thank you.

I have a 2001 2110 with a 150 HPDI. I was having rpm issue so I consulted Parker and I was told that I should have a stainless prop at a 15p. It is what performed the best. It may be different on a 175. If your engine is an HPDI I believe they like to be run between 5000-5500. Closer to the top. Keep us posted.

Each day I meant to check the level of the cavitation plate when on plane, and each day I forgot to

Very Important, as raising the motor will get you RPM and fuel millage + performance.

Thanks for both replies.

Ken at Propgods.com has recommended a 15P Enertia from Merc. Having no other specific suggestions, I will likely order that prop in the next couple of days knowing that I can always swap it for another. I expect to realize an improvement even if I make no other adjustments. Speaking of which, I also expect that I will need to raise the engine. I'll know for certain in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, I've looked into what all is involved with raising the engine and except for the weight, it seems pretty straight forward. It's unfortunate though that when Parker mounted the engine initially, they left no room for sliding the engine up on the bottom bolts. There are 2 or 3 holes left up top, but I will need to drill new holes for the bottom and then plug the old ones.

Thanks again.

Not certain why you think you need to drill new bottom mounting holes.
If your motor is anything like my OX66 (which is also a SWII), the bottom slots should work for the entire range of mounting options.
Note my photo below.

Can you post a photo of your motor setup?

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
I'll do that. From memory, the bolts on the bottom are flush with the bottom of the slots although I have 2 or 3 holes under the top bolts. I'll confirm that and take a pic.
Thanks.

I suspect Bucky's transom is drilled the same as mine from the factory.

Engine is at lowest position (top bolt hole) and the bottom bolts are at the lowest part of the slot. It's not going up unless new lower holes are drilled and old one's filled. For some reason Parker didn't use the standard spacing pattern which allows for raising the engine easily.

This is what I have to address. That bottom bolt is at the bottom of the slot.

Attachments

• IMG-20130530-00174.jpg
    IMG-20130530-00174.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 223
As a follow up to what initiated this thread (prop selection), I went ahead yesterday and ordered the Merc Enertia 15" X 15P as recommended by Ken at propgods, and then this morning I received the following reply from Parker:
"The correct propeller for your boat would be a 13 ¾ x 17 black painted stainless Yamaha prop."

I would still try the Merc Enertia 15" X 15P first, then evaluate that before trying something else.

I have a yamaha 150 on my 2110 and I run a 15 S/S . At WOT I am turning 5300 rps with a top speed around 30 mph with about 300 lbs of gear, 4 on board. We struggle a bit when the crew grows to 8 but we still get on plane. My motor is at the same bolt location as yours and I have the same lower bolt issue that you are having.

That's good info, Parkerman.

I put the on Enertia 15P and ran it with different fuel loads over the course of 5 days last week. 2 of us on the boat. What a difference a prop makes! A steady 5300 RPM at WOT. Flirted with 5400. 37MPH. If I nail the throttle from a dead stop with 1/2 tank I'm on plane and trimming the motor up in just a couple of 2 - 3 seconds. That's better response then I could have expected. Didn't need trim tabs for that.

I did check the engine height while on plane cruising, and wide open. Can't see the cav plate at all. I see the smaller, forward facing plate that sits above the cav plate (where the lower unit is removed) right at the water line. I didn't put a measuring tape between those 2 plates but it looks to be +/- 2". So my next project will be to raise the engine, which means I'll need to plan for drilling and filling. I'll go search for threads that discuss raising motors.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Latest posts

Back