2110 walkaround tab question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade15

Reaction score
I am new to trim tabs and curious as to how much deflection angle folks are running in standard conditions? It's usually just my wife and I and minimal gear, but I do like to keep the fuel tank full...
I'm not a speed demon but it seems like I have to keep the tabs at a bit of a deflection angle as opposed to running even with the bottom of the hull, just wanted to make sure this is normal?
Thanks!

Cause your running all that fuel all the time. Is wifey beside you....or sitting on the transom?

Yes that's the smoothest spot to ride in....But being forward will get the ass end up.

What I do, is start with tabs retracted (bow up) and get up to speed. Then apply tabs and watch speed on gps. Keep throttle set and you'll see where your speed increases while your gallons per hour will decrease. That's your sweet spot for the sea conditions you're in.

Wart, she usually sits up in the front with me. I prefer to keep the tank topped off just in case we decide to take an impromptu longer run, has been known to happen!

I've been launching with the tabs parallel to the hull and working from there. I'll just keep doing that until I get a better feel for it.

Thanks!

We have a sweet spot on the tabs....We know this from experience.

Yes you have to have a tab gauge.

Launch boat....Tabs level......idle thru no wake zone......As we approach the end of the no Wake zone....I put the proper amount of tab in it....via the gauge....

Then hit the throttle.....The boat doesn't sink it's ass end so bad....The Bow doesn't rise to the moon......The boat jumps up on plane faster.

Back