2120 200 Suzuki repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Good morning. I am curious if anyone has been running this repower combination? Looking to upgrade from my 150 2 stroke.

Thanks
Camron

I swapped out a Yamaha 0x66 200HP for the 4 cylinder Suzuki 200 and am very happy with it so far - have a little over 500 hours on it.

I opted for the 4 cylinder Suzuki as it was closer in weight to my older Yamaha. Performance is great, I have it on a 2100.

-- Tom

Thanks for the reply. Have you had any issues with the Engine? What kind of performance have you seen I figure mine should perform similar?

Sorry for delayed response.

I have had no issues with engine and have been able to do all oil changes (engine and lower unit), spark plugs, water pump, etc. maintenance myself.

Just off the top of my head, I cruise around 22 knots at 4k RPM. Max speed is around 40mph.

-- Tom

Not sure what Ox66 actual fuel burn rate was, but to go along with other performance numbers I referenced above, it burns about 7 gallons per hour at 4k.

Tough to do an apples-to-apples comparison of actual use - I do keep track of gallons per engine hour, but find I am much more likely to keep the Suzuki running while I am fishing / drifting because it is so quiet, no smoke and sips gas.

-- Tom

Thanks again. I loved all of my previous Suzuki engines. I would also like the extra power of a 200 compaired to the 150 currently on the boat. That and would like to get away from the 2 stroke smoke again lol.

Back