2120 50 miles out

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtk2120

Reaction score
Took my 2120 50 miles out for some trolling. Landed 4 yellowfin tuna to 50 lbs. and 3 mahi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 890
Amazing. I don't know if I would tackle a trip like that with mine!!

Nice job on the catching as well as the trip.

Nice Job and nice trip!
I have been out 30 to 40 ml on Stellwagon many times she can take it pick your days. :D

Wow, nice catch. I have not taken my 2120 SC more than 25 miles offshore. ! worry about the single 150 HP engine not the boat.

Nice job... I just picked up a 21 SE in Montauk. I am gearing up this winter for tuna and shark, hoping to get a few shots at them next year on those perfect weather days out of Montauk.

Chris

You can always go out ... but you don't have to get back in :shock: so pick your days wisely ;) .

Shark fishing is a no brainer, I prefer it a little bumpy. 50 miles out is a little different, you have to watch the weather closely. Today's technology makes it easier to judge, paid weather sites, satellite sites, posted reports, all that in consideration plus a pulse on the weather it can be done. I watch the weather like a hawk and the wind direction. I would rather pound out than pound home. I have had my 2120 out 25 miles or better many times. Pick and chose your days with July, August and September being optimal.

If you pick your days wisely you can make these trips regularly. I pushed the envelope this season and have ventured out 70 on my single 150. I want to go an extra 12 or so now that I can reach our local canyons thus my new 2520 xld is on order :mrgreen:

... better check your marine towing insurance 'limits' ... as some are capped at 25-nM offshore ...

Back