2120- bench seat out, yeti 125 in

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akholmes

Reaction score
While removing the seat from the bench for reupholstering I realized- I have nothing but unneeded junk stored in the bench.

Yanked out the bench and threw the yeti in. Pretty nice fit! It'll free up a TON of cockpit space while fishing and cruising. Yeti empty weighs about 10-12lbs lighter than bench seat empty.

For fishing overnighters with my buddy I'm going to have a cushion made for this spot so we can throw the yeti on deck and sleep another person.

What ya think? Can you think of any cons? I havnt done anything perminant at this point. 6 screws and the bench seat is back in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,279
Interesting idea. I like my storage and tackle boxes though. I don't think the extra cushion there will give you any extra sleeping capability beyond the 2 you have now? Just more room for the one on that side? It's not a bad idea as long as it works for you.

Not a bad idea !!
I thought I would flip the photo for you also get a better look at it
Looks good !

Attachments

• yeti.jpg
    yeti.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,212
I forgot about the thread I started! Ha

I've decided to go for it. I'm going to bolt the backrest to the wall and leave it there even if I decide to put the factory bench back in. Will make for easy access to storage behind the bench.

I'll post final pics once it's all set in a couple of weeks. Won't be able to work on it for a while...headed to Canada for 2 weeks for work.

that is AWESOME!~ That picture that was righted by Sully gives a great perspective. Is there any restrictions from opening the cooler cover completely? In other words, does the back rest inhibit the opening of the cooler at all? Thanks for posting this. I am impressed!

Hey guys

The yeti in as the bench seat is working out great for us so far! We've fished it hard for a couple of weeks in Hatteras NC. Working out great. We've been conscious of keeping it clean and not dropping bait in the cabin and so far no stink. Loving the extra cockpit space for when these big cobia send us doing laps around the cockpit.

For our catch we use a large insulated fish bag on cockpit deck.

In other news we've weighed 74lb and 66lb Cobia in the Hatteras Cobia Shootout which has us sitting in second place in largest fish division and first place in 'aggregate weight of 3' division! 8)

Here's a few pics of mine. Its a yeti 160 that fits the space perfectly and created a back rest that I had upholstered

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 820
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 820
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 821
Guys, A little off topic but I just noticed a cabin floor hatch in those pics. Didn't know that they put a hatch there in any of the 2120's? I would love to see more detailed pics of its exact placement and of the inside? Is it just extra storage or an added bilge pump?

I had a 9 drawer custom cabinet made for my bench seat and hinged the backrest. I can now get behind the bench simply by folding the backrest down.

shawnee83":22ysowk8 said:
Guys, A little off topic but I just noticed a cabin floor hatch in those pics. Didn't know that they put a hatch there in any of the 2120's? I would love to see more detailed pics of its exact placement and of the inside? Is it just extra storage or an added bilge pump?

Parker did not add that... It's a damp area, but there is a LOT of room for stuff down there.

warthog5":2nki1rg4 said:
shawnee83":2nki1rg4 said:

Parker did not add that... It's a damp area, but there is a LOT of room for stuff down there.

That's right. I added it myself. Parker did not seal the core when they cut out for the 8" inspection plate in the cabin sole. Core was rotten in about a 12-15" circle so I decided to cut out and install that large (20"x20" if I remember correctly) hatch. It is wet storage for sure but a good place to throw fenders or something while out.

shawnee83":3r6o2h6c said:
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I didn't think they put one in the cabin. Mine doesn't have a pie plate either.

They must have stopped putting fwd bilge pumps in? Which would seem crazy to me as ALL of the water in my bilge stands fwd under the cabin sole.

I'm wondering if they seal the various compartments off differently in later models? When I did a plant tour I saw how the 1" PVC seems to run all the way to at least the back cabin compartment where I have a small floor drain at the step down.

A little addition I made to the cooler bench seat... makes life a lot easier when icing down.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 600
usmc_reyes2007":37nsi85r said:
Here's a few pics of mine. Its a yeti 160 that fits the space perfectly and created a back rest that I had upholstered

Is your Parker a 2120? If so, a yeti 160 will fit perfectly in that space or is the 125 Yeti Tundra the largest that will fit ??

Thanks in advance.

I love this modification that a couple of you guys are doing w/ the cooler mounted in the cabin.

Back