2120 captains seat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lklandpier

Reaction score
I'm considering upgrading the captains chair to a seat with arm rests. Does anyone have any suggestions for an arm rest chair that would fit in the tight cabin space of a 2120 PH?

Thanks

not sure what you have in there now but make sure you spend the money and get a good seat that supports someone riding in it while running in a heavy sea. The factory seats in the 25 suck. 2 Broken brackets and a broken slide.

I wanted a seat that was comfortable with arm rests and could fold down. Couple of shots of it here. Works perfectly fine for me.

I do have to watch if I rotate the seat that the right seat arm or back can bump my binocular case or the motor controls depending on how far forward I slide my the seat, but small inconvenience for me compared to the seat comfort - along with the shock absorbing post. If you are interested in this seat, let me know and I'll get info it next time I am at the marina, but you can see that other seats work well on the 2120.......................Pete

Attachments

• 100_0914 (Small).JPG
    100_0914 (Small).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 555
  • 100_0923 (Small).JPG
    100_0923 (Small).JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 555
Thanks for the quick reponses. Yes Brad, my spring and mounting bracket is also broken. I'm really surprised that that Parker hasn't corrected this problem.

Pete, that looks like the perfect set up. I would really appreciate any info you can provide on that specific seat and pedistal. Also, wondering if they make a foot rest for the pedistal and if the screw holes lined up with the stock base.

Thanks
Joe

Joe,

I looked at the seat on my boat & all it has on it is Garelick Ezy-In but it's width is 25 inches (see photo) and that was the max width I wanted. My home receipt says it is a GAR 48252W with folding back, 25 in. wide, 21 in. deep and 19.5 in. high. I paid $186 for it from BoatFix.com. Seat fits my big frame very well and the butt cushioning is much better than the original.

The post is a SeaSuspension 1625 that was offered for $675 on this forum by SeaSuspension. The base holes lined up perfectly with the Parker holes so I used the same bolts. I think they are now painting it Parker color as mine is white. Love this shock absorber.

The footrest is the same one that Parker supplied which is a Springfield. Since the SeaSuspension post is larger in diameter than the original on my boat, all I had to do was order a different diameter plastic sleeve (see photo) from Springfield & it was inexpensive. The Springfield bushing (I think) is 2171040. The SeaSuspension engineer suggested I not stand directly on the footrest as it might affect the post but I cannot stand on it as I would crush my neck if I tried by hitting the ceiling.

I have a new Wise seat with arms on a Garelick shock absorber on a post I you PM you info on to see if you want it, if not I will post it for sale. Admiral changed her mind so I never installed it.....................................Pete

Attachments

• 100_1078 (Small).JPG
    100_1078 (Small).JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_1082 (Small).JPG
    100_1082 (Small).JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 100_1086 (Small).JPG
    100_1086 (Small).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 431
Back