2120 helm chair upgrade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rloomis

Reaction score
If there was one thing to not like about the Parker, it would be the stock helm seats.
I swapped out 2 different chairs from the dealer and the sliders on both of them wouldn't stay locked in place.

I always wanted to upgrade to the ladder back model, but instead of getting the upgraded Parker ladderback
chair with the same crappy slider, I found a deal on this Todd chair and grabbed it. I also bought a new Todd slider
that is a much better design than the original Parker slider. It stays locked in place and works like a champ.
While I was at it, I also added a Garelick Active Seat Suspension. The Garelick added a little height, giving
me better visibility, and really works to soften the ride without spending the hundreds of dollars on a seaspension system.
I'm really happy the new helm seating setup. Now I'm riding in comfort! :)

parker2120_newhelmchair1.jpg

parker2120_newhelmchair2.jpg

parker2120_newhelmchair3.jpg

Looks GREAT !
Can you post some links if you have them from where you bought them?

bigpondonly":3b2vp43y said:
Looks great Randall!!!
Thanks Dave, nothing close to the deluxe helm chair setup you have, but it sure is an improvement
over the factory chair.
One advantage to my setup though: a 54qt Igloo Marine cooler is a perfect fit in front of the seatpost and makes
an ideal footrest while also keeping the beer cold and in easy reach 8)

Sully":2ke53zyj said:
Looks GREAT !
Can you post some links if you have them from where you bought them?

I actually got everything from a local Westmarine. That particular chair had been sitting on the
store shelf for a long time and was very dirty. I offered them a ridiculous low-ball price since
it was all "old and dirty" and unbelievably, they went for it. As you can see from the pictures,
it cleaned up perfectly - I totally stole it :)

Otherwise, the best prices I've seen for that chair and slider are online at Defender.
Defender doesn't appear to carry the Garelick suspension device, but you can order it
from Westmarine online. If you search around the net, you'll find a lot of mixed and negative
reviews for it. I guess it depends a lot on individual applications, and expectations from a
$100 shock mount device over a more advanced and expensive alternative.
All I can say is that it works for me. I like the added height and I'm getting an easy
$100 worth of added comfort out of it.

Todd Manual Super Seat Slider
Model Number: 5201A
Defender Item # : 655334

Todd Gloucester Captain's Seat
Model Number: 94-1500D
Item #: 655338
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... id=1119802

GARELICK
Active Seat Suspension System
Manuf. # 77000:01
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... KNNHs_55VU

Thanks Randell

I think Ill check out that Active seat suspension duehicky thing a mabob.
I looks like it would be just enough for me too for the price.

Thanks again

Back