2120 Lowrance Autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alii Kai

Reaction score
Installed a Lowrance A/P this past spring when the software was finally released. This synced with my Lowrance HDS Gen2 9" GPS/FF nicely. Lowrance radar and GPS overlays and A/P will sync navigation headings in various configurations (still on the learning curve). Finalized the install with the blue tooth remote. So far, am extremely pleased with the results. Fishing, trolling on the deck and navigating to and from port is a breeze. No need for the 2nd helm which would have taken extra deck space. 10 degree course setting, on/off with the remote gives you the "extra deckhand" when solo hunting, just be sure to have a lanyard connected for MOB.

Nice. I'm jealous. If I every get around to it I would like to install the AP too. Since I don't have the 2nd helm either, I agree that the AP with a remote is a very good compromise and less $. Take some pics of the install/set up if you can. Congrats on the new tool/toy :D

Thanks for the post. I have a lowrance h
HDS GEN2 and am planning on installing the a/p. Nice to hear you are happy with it.

I will take some pics when I get down to ny boat of where I mounted the pump, NEMA and Bluetooth antenna. I mounted everything on a wood shelf neatly under the fiberglass console out of site. The b/t instructions call for mounting the antenna outside but it syncs fine with the remote under the console. Everything is plug and play plus Lowrance has very good tech support imho so one can install themselves. BTW, the A/P comes complete with all hoses, brass fittings and even a pint of seastar hydraulic fluid.

I was thinking of adding an auto pilot but I have a Garmin system. What did the whole auto pilot cost you on the Lowrance system?

thanks,

From what I know not sure about the little stuff. I'm sure alii Kai will tell

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444272631.154306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444272631.154306.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 336
Alli...when you take the pics can you get some with the area behind the dash where the pump is? Just looking ahead to see if my shelf for the AC will allow the Auto P install later.
Thanks,
JS

shawnee83":34i4u990 said:
Alli...when you take the pics can you get some with the area behind the dash where the pump is? Just looking ahead to see if my shelf for the AC will allow the Auto P install later.
Thanks,
JS

Would love to see this as well...

Finally able to get down to my boat and get some pics of the helm with autopilot, hoses, Nema network and bluetooth antenna install. The photos were taken with my boat cover on and cabin light on so excuse the quality. I first mounted a 3/4 x 10" ply shelf flush to the bottom of the left side of the helm. The VHS is mounted to the bottom of this along with the BT antenna puck. On the top of the shelf, the AP pump is mounted with the Nema box alongside. Lowrance instructions call for the pump to be mounted lower than steering helm but level mount works fine. Instructions for BT antenna called for mounting outside and away from other electronics or wireless interference, but the puck was initially tried in cabin and worked fine before permanently secured to bottom of shelf. All Lowrance devices plug into the nema network. A 12V phone charger was also installed on shelf above radio to recharge cell phones. I have tried to eliminate a minimum of drilled holes in the helm. Stereo was installed on right side of helm underneath the light fixture out of the way (and sight) and synced to a dash controlled on/off/channel/mode module on upper left side of helm. This module can sync to pandora on the cell which is mounted on a small magnetic mount to the left of steering. The red manual AP button was installed on the switch board on left side and serves as immediate on/off if you do not have the remote. I found this an important feature to have for quick control if your battery depletes on the remote device which happened this past weekend when we ran offshore.

So far, this arrangement of installation has not cause any interference with any of the wireless devices or electronics and the AP remote works as advertised.

Hope this helps...

Vern

Attachments

• Helm Front.jpg
    Helm Front.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Helm1.jpg
    Helm1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Helm2.jpg
    Helm2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Stereo.jpg
    Stereo.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 227
I got the extended warranty from West Marine for the AP, just to be on the safe side. Turned out the WR10 remote was not the battery so WM is going to do an over the counter exchange.

Nice installation! I'm going to be building a shelf under the dash on mine also for a marine AC system so it's good to know that I could use it to mount the pump and box etc on it as well. Thanks for the pics

Back