2120 Pilot House is a true Battleship like Dale has stated

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePeterParker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share my 2nd trip out on my new to me 2120 Pilot House with you all. It is true what Dale has stated as it being a little Battleship...we took our last(winter coming) and 2nd trip on The Peter Parker :( . We headed out to Middle Ground Light House for some Tog from Port Jeff, NY and all was well with water as we cruised at 25 miles an hour to the site.

When we arrived the water took a turn in about 10 minutes from 2-3 ft swells to breaking waves at 5-6 ft and some times it seamed like 8 footers were rolling in..... we decided to head back the 7 mile journey and it was one hell of a ride back in but never got wet and because of this site I had confidence this Parker was getting us back home.

So impressed how it handled and surprised I could run it back in at 15 miles an hour with no problem or fear of tipping over.......still was nervous but felt it would not be a problem.

Glad you made it back safe. I hate it when that happens!! Is your hull a DV? I have the 25 CC SE and I'm curious how it will handle in weather like that. Thanks for report.

I've been in the 5-6 footers one time with my 2120 and don't want to take that ride again. Like you I was impressed that it handled the rough conditions, I stayed dry and now I know I can get back in if it gets bad and I didn't know it was coming. I still try to avoid those conditions if at all possible.

Steve

Bought my 2110 dv in june and for two weeks after weather was nasty around cape lookout. I stayed out the entire time. Did learn some lessons about anchoring a 21 ft boat that weighs so much. I woke up closer to shore than I would like to be a few times but after adding lots of heavy chain, problem solved. Never been afriad in that boat. Ill find some shelter around backside if it is rough, make some coffee and get all my gear ready for the weather to lighten up. Congradulations on your purchase and like the name. Wanted PH but got a WA with t top and curtians. Do you have trim tabs? A big plus when loaded up with fuel and gear. Gone out about 15 miles off the cape and had some short wave cycle 4-6 action. My dog threw up a lot and a few rogues caught us off gaurd but wasnt scared. After living in a BFV a 2110 is luxury. Parker is truly the HMMWV of boats. Has a mil spec feel to it.

Back