2120 runs bow high

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truck2

Reaction score
I’m looking for advice from other 2120 SC (2009 f150 ) owners about my boat running bow high. I haven’t added anything extra to the stern. I understand getting on plane and the rpms it takes. I live in the northwest where you can’t always run fast enough to get on plane and stay there. These are the times that make it more difficult to look for crab pots, debris, ect Could I add some weight to the front under my cushions? What have some you done to help. Suggestions would be appreciate. Thanks truck 2

All Parkers run bow high, especially the pilothouses: I would NOT add weight to any part of your boat. Use your tabs to jump on plane earlier. Also, what I used to do on my 2120 is sit on a throwable on top of the helm seat: that gave me an extra 4" of height.

But what you are describing is a characteristic of the design. You could repower with a bigger HP to jump on plane sooner. I personally always thought the f150 was underpowered on that transom. If I was going to repower, I would go with a 225hp ( personally, I would go with a new f300 for repower as the weight is almost the same): but it would be "over the recommended hp" for insurance purposes.

With a full livewell, fuel tank and gear, ice, fish, she was a dog out of the hole and pushed so much water for the 1st 8 seconds until planing....

I have seen other guys move their two batteries off the transom and put them in the PH... I'm not sure if that 140 pound weight re- distribution really does much.

I am new to Parkers and have a 2120 with a 200 Mercury that had the same problem with the bow riding high. At the suggestion of others, the two things I did that made a big difference was the raising of the motor so the AV plate was not buried and the permatrim. It really rides like a different boat now.

I am new to Parkers and have a 2120 with a 200 Mercury that had the same problem with the bow riding high. At the suggestion of others, the two things I did that made a big difference was the raising of the motor so the AV plate was not buried and the permatrim. It really rides like a different boat now.
Thanks JDay. I’m looking at the permatrim option. Could you tell me where you purchased yours. Thanks Truck2.

Thanks JDay. I’m looking at the permatrim option. Could you tell me where you purchased yours. Thanks Truck2.

I owned a 2120 w / Yamaha 150 and a heavy load: 60 gallon livewell, 110 qt fishbox across the Splashwell, 100 gallons fuel, ice, fish, gear, 2 other guys, windlass, 600 ft. rode. W/ the motor mounted up on the holes and using your trim properly, you shouldn't need the permatrim: I never liked the idea of drilling into the anti-cavitation plate. I would try the easiest solutions 1st.

I owned a 2120 w / Yamaha 150 and a heavy load: 60 gallon livewell, 110 qt fishbox across the Splashwell, 100 gallons fuel, ice, fish, gear, 2 other guys, windlass, 600 ft. rode. W/ the motor mounted up on the holes and using your trim properly, you shouldn't need the permatrim: I never liked the idea of drilling into the anti-cavitation plate. I would try the easiest solutions 1st.

I had the same issue. I didn't like the idea of drilling holes as well. But, I found the SE Sport 400 Hydrofoil, no drilling needed. Bought it on Amazon for around $100, I don't have the pkg anymore, I believe it said it was good for up to F150 outboards. The main issue was the previous owner repowered it and the AV plate was way to low.

Permatrim. Hands down the best $150 add on that I have done. Don’t worry about drilling holes. Just make sure that you use 4200 or similar sealant bead around the holes to keep that water from the stainless hardware and the aluminum on the cav plate.

Attachments

• 43E5818E-EB95-4823-AEAE-35CAF6019A32.jpeg
    43E5818E-EB95-4823-AEAE-35CAF6019A32.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 61
Back