2120 SportCabin Engine Well Barrier

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Burns

Reaction score
I have a 2013 2120 Sport Cabin and as you guys know they do not drain water well thru the Engine Well Barrier. I am tired of kneeling, sponge in hand, to remove all the water after washing the boat down.

Have any 2120 SC owners removed the barrier, and if so are there any negative consequences?

John Burns":w1vtc5aw said:
I have a 2013 2120 Sport Cabin and as you guys know they do not drain water well thru the Engine Well Barrier. I am tired of kneeling, sponge in hand, to remove all the water after washing the boat down.

Have any 2120 SC owners removed the barrier, and if so are there any negative consequences?
I don’t know . Can you post pics using Tapatalk app. I just looked a new Parker boats yesterday and missed looking at that area.

Some owners have removed it, and some have modified it to drain more freely.
It is a common question with the 2120.

Get ride of it remove screws seal them up and put them back down on deck. I hate that thing and have never had a problem. Besides if you take a wave over onto deck you just give it a little gas and deck cleans right away.

" Bean "

I took mine off fairly soon after I purchased my boat. It seems to free up a lot of functional space in the deck though. No issues ever, but with a notched transum, you always need to be careful and aware of putting yourself in a bad situation of taking a wave over the back. You are still going to have issue with water standing in the corner of the deck and jump seat on the starboard side due to the list of the boat/deck on that side. I always stand on the port side when finishing wash downs just to make it drain out of that corner, it drives me a little crazy.

Attachments

• 676A6D7F-E1D9-435A-B264-87822BC5ABC5.jpeg
    676A6D7F-E1D9-435A-B264-87822BC5ABC5.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 376
shawnee83":3c1twd6x said:
I took mine off fairly soon after I purchased my boat. It seems to free up a lot of functional space in the deck though. No issues ever, but with a notched transum, you always need to be careful and aware of putting yourself in a bad situation of taking a wave over the back. You are still going to have issue with water standing in the corner of the deck and jump seat on the starboard side due to the list of the boat/deck on that side. I always stand on the port side when finishing wash downs just to make it drain out of that corner, it drives me a little crazy.

Thanks. I agree with the other posters.

Thank you for your help. My barrier will be coming off this weekend.

Don't t take it off. Let me shot you a picture. Drilled a nice hole never looked back.

mtk2120":28n60vgx said:
Don't t take it off. Let me shot you a picture. Drilled a nice hole never looked back.

I’d like to see that mod too. I’ve been want to do this for 8 years but just never seem to get to it.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will not remove until I see the picture. Thanks

Which brings up another question

I did remove 1 screw on the deck flange of the shield and much to my surprise there was no sealant in the hole. The stainless screw screw showed some corrosion all the way down thru the threads to the tip of the screw.

Is the deck all fiberglass or is it wood coated with glass? Because if it is wood I am now worried about rot

Here’s a picture if you zoom in you can see. I just took a hole saw and drilled a hole then epoxyed the opening with a patch kit from west marine. Drains out really well. I also put a 54qt igloo in front of engine, fits perfectly behind well with bungee from hand rail to hand rail. Use that cooler for drinks and lunch. Never in the way.

Attachments

• 3D4F8245-64DE-42C2-A289-853E9FCE3CF8.jpeg
    3D4F8245-64DE-42C2-A289-853E9FCE3CF8.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 244
mtk2120":1rcsv0xr said:
Here’s a picture if you zoom in you can see. I just took a hole saw and drilled a hole then epoxyed the opening with a patch kit from west marine. Drains out really well. I also put a 54qt igloo in front of engine, fits perfectly behind well with bungee from hand rail to hand rail. Use that cooler for drinks and lunch. Never in the way.

Thanks for posting. Hard to see after I enlarged the photo but it looks like about a 1" circular hold right in the corner. I would imagine its on both sides right at the bend. Did you have to redo the gelcoat after cutting there?

Steve

I just used the west marine fiberglass repair kit to seal the well from the hole I cut out, didn’t paint. You would have to lay on deck to see it’s not painted so doesn’t bother me. I probably did this 5 years ago now and have been happy with results, and yes there is one on each side.

On my 2011 2120Sc I raised the well barrier 1"..Un screw barrier..Fill side screws holes..put 3/4 to 1" long pieces of pvc pipe under barrier at lower screw sites..use longer screws to remount in existing lower holes...re drill side holes...works great..also I mounted 2 rod holders on inside of barrier each side of engine..No pics since I sold boat and have new 2320 on order

Back