2120 Trailer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is time, past time, to replace the original galvanized Shorelander trailer for my 06 2120. I’ve been looking some and have a few different trailers in mind but I wanted to reach out to the CP crew for their advice. I don’t want to influence any feedback but I will say that I think Aluminum is the way I want to go. My boat lives in a boat storage barn so it’s life is going from the barn to the ramp about 2.5 miles away. I usually launch for a weekend (2 or 3 days typical) and trailer sits at the ramp no rinse off until I pull out at the end of the weekend then I rinse at the barn. I do this about 10 to 15 times a season. Other than that, just short less than 10 mile trips for local maintenance. I’m going to order the trailer brake delete.

What are your brand recommendations and specific models if you can provide what you have or recommend?
Thanks.

shawnee83":2ldnds62 said:
It is time, past time, to replace the original galvanized Shorelander trailer for my 06 2120. I’ve been looking some and have a few different trailers in mind but I wanted to reach out to the CP crew for their advice. I don’t want to influence any feedback but I will say that I think Aluminum is the way I want to go. My boat lives in a boat storage barn so it’s life is going from the barn to the ramp about 2.5 miles away. I usually launch for a weekend (2 or 3 days typical) and trailer sits at the ramp no rinse off until I pull out at the end of the weekend then I rinse at the barn. I do this about 10 to 15 times a season. Other than that, just short less than 10 mile trips for local maintenance. I’m going to order the trailer brake delete.

What are your brand recommendations and specific models if you can provide what you have or recommend?
Thanks.

Hi Shawnnee, I have a new Road King that I bought just to take the boat out for hurricanes... I bought it from Ricky Radcliff at Radcliff Marine in Belhaven NC. This company is top-notch! The trailer is super well-built and I have used it twice... here is one of couple of videos on the trailer that I have on my "Almost All Parker Boats" Youtube channel... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qgtAg5reeI

Depending on where you launch, a longer trailer would be an improvement. Buy a trailer with good wiring without a bunch of crimps and poor grounding wire and waterproof lights. Look at wheel bearing protection - oil bath or ......

Buy one with lots of supports esp if boat sits on trailer a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy":ztla8avb said:
shawnee83":ztla8avb said:

Thanks.

Hi Shawnnee, I have a new Road King that I bought just to take the boat out for hurricanes... I bought it from Ricky Radcliff at Radcliff Marine in Belhaven NC. This company is top-notch! The trailer is super well-built and I have used it twice... here is one of couple of videos on the trailer that I have on my "Almost All Parker Boats" Youtube channel... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qgtAg5reeI

Thanks Andy. I checked out your vid and that trailer looks nice. So does the boat. 8) . I’m going to check them out. Thanks

Brent":2rsuc7ds said:
Depending on where you launch, a longer trailer would be an improvement. Buy a trailer with good wiring without a bunch of crimps and poor grounding wire and waterproof lights. Look at wheel bearing protection - oil bath or ......

Thanks Brent. Good advise. I know if I don’t see Heat shrink and good LED lights I will not be interested. I think I’m going to go with torsion vs spring. Any thoughts on that?

The only true completely all aluminum trailer on the market is Rolls Axle Trailer out of Plant City Fl. http://www.rollsaxle.com . They probably have a dealer somewhere in your area. If you get one without brakes and with bearing oilers they are virtually trouble and maintenance free. Mine is now 20 years old and after I got rid of the brakes it is a good as new. Expensive to buy new but probably the cheapest to own over all. Pure Quality just like Parker!

Hope this helps.

Banjo

shawnee83":2jkm0flg said:
Brent":2jkm0flg said:

Thanks Brent. Good advise. I know if I don’t see Heat shrink and good LED lights I will not be interested. I think I’m going to go with torsion vs spring. Any thoughts on that?

I agree with the torsion vs spring. (My Road King is torsion). I only trailer the boat short distance for hurricane take out (less than 2 miles) If for no other reason, the torsion is lower to the ground so easier to launch and retrieve.

Andy":34xuwgyh said:
shawnee83":34xuwgyh said:
Brent":34xuwgyh said:

I agree with the torsion vs spring. (My Road King is torsion). I only trailer the boat short distance for hurricane take out (less than 2 miles) If for no other reason, the torsion is lower to the ground so easier to launch and retrieve.

The Rolls Axle Trailer has neither torsion or spring but rather a rubber compression suspension with a lifetime warranty.

All good info guys. It looks like I’m going to purchase a LoadRite 5 Star. Overall length is a little over 25’ and capacity is 5,200 lbs. In the end, it was a compromise between size, capacity and price. The boat barn I store in has a shed roof which slopes lower towards the back. I’m concerned with getting it in the barn as it’s. 2’ longe than the original Shorelander it sits on now. It also has 14” vs 13”. Thanks for the comments.

The Load Rite was a compromise due to price. Sold my old trailer for $300 so that made my net on the new one $3580. I’m happy with it and it fits in the barn. Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• 2BB76256-8263-47F6-BCAA-AC4D8C663A48.jpeg
    2BB76256-8263-47F6-BCAA-AC4D8C663A48.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 181DB2CE-2844-40F4-BFDB-DAA3E5029C6B.jpeg
    181DB2CE-2844-40F4-BFDB-DAA3E5029C6B.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 65
Back