Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 2120 with the F150. I'm very happy and get about 3 MPG. I would guess the 200 would get less MPG but go faster and get up on plane quicker. I have had 2 men, fishing gear, cooler with ice and 3/4 tank of fuel and topped out at 34 MPH with the F150. That was smooth as glass conditions. I cruise at about 25 MPH, 4400 RPM. I'm happy with the F150 but everyone is different.

One point, if I were to be in some serious rip tide conditions I would want the 200 HP. I usually fish the middle bay and don't venture out in those conditions.

Both of these are supposed to be excellent motors from Yamaha. Just depends on how fast you want to be. I would think the 150 would do everything you needed. If you are buying used you would be able to get the 200 cheaper because of public perception of the 2 strokes.

When I bought my 2007 2120 new I could have had either engine. The 200 added 50 pounds to the stern and would give me maybe 2 MPH more top end speed according to Yamaha and Parker at that time.

The Yamaha engineer I spoke with back then said the 150 4s was new technology designed specifically for the 150 and the 200 was older technology. He said the new technology motors were doing very well so I opted for the 150. With the right prop and a load of fuel my WOT is 38 MPH & the bigger trim tabs I added let it easily come on plane.

So I am very pleased with my 150 4s & can see that the added weight off the stern and extra $$ would not be worth having the 200 for my use. And the resale (some day waay in the future) will be much better with a 4s.............Pete

Latest posts

Back