21SE engine height

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigboy

Reaction score
I have a 21SE powered with a carb 150 yamaha. The motor is mounted one hole up from the deepest position. It seems that the motor is to deep in the water. Should I raise it one or two holes higher?
While running on plane, the water passes just under the bolts that hold the lower unit to the motor.

While running on plane, the water passes just under the bolts that hold the lower unit to the motor.

By your words about which bolt hole it's in, I would have said it was to low. But by your statement above...It's sounds like it's right.

The best way to show this will take 2 people. One to drive the boat and get it all trimmed out and one to take a pix of the motor and the way the water is rushing by it.

The cavation plate should be on the top of the water.

The cavation plate is not visible while running at speed! I think I'll raise the motor by one hole and maybe adjust from there.

Yes....It needs to go UP. Each hole is = to 3/4in.

Raising the motor will raise your RPM and your Speed. This "Can" cause a need for a prop change also.

It's all part of dialing one in. :)

Back