23 CC - Newbie needs advice on Purchase?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave-

Parker does not make a boat I would not be proud to own. I do not know which will be best for William either but wanted to suggest he run a 23 SE before deciding. He seemed less than thrilled with the 23 DV. I have owned three new Parkers so far and would buy another if I were in the market for a new boat. How you want to use it makes all the difference in which one is best. Even the 18 CC has its place and is a nice boat.

Good morning, Wicho I sold that boat to him and I still remember that deal, if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. That is a very meticulous owner that to great care to build that boat just how he wanted it to be. I'm am surprised to see it for sale, but you won't regret it if you go through with the purchase. Capt Brad

Capt Brad":2f3wx94t said:
Good morning, Wicho I sold that boat to him and I still remember that deal,

I would never want to be the customer that a boat dealer would remember 3 years after the sale! :lol:

Fishfactory, I remember all my customers and spend a great deal of time with lots of them even after the deal is done. I fish with some of them and enjoy seeing and hearing from all of them. I love selling Parkers because it makes alot of people very happy, as you guys all know. I came from the construction world a few years ago in Chicago. I moved to the Keys to charter fish and started selling boats as well, but only because of the quality of the boat. Never sold a product before, just my reputation as someone who will get the job done. After all I'm not a saleman, I'm just a guy who sells boats. See ya Capt Brad

It was a joke, see the "laughing face" ?

I kinda adapted an old joke from the car sales business, always make sure the mark, whoops I mean customer is out of sight before you start laughing. :lol:

FishFactory said:
It was a joke, see the "laughing face" ?

I kinda adapted an old joke from the car sales business, always make sure the mark, whoops I mean customer is out of sight before you start laughing. :lol:

I know that FishFactory, I wasn't upset just shedding some light on my personality and character. By the way I've worked at 2 different marinas and believe me they remember everybody. Capt Brad

I agree that he should try the SE and see what works best. SE's catch a lot of stripers around here!

Hi All..

Thanks again for the incredible responses.

This is funny - and it does say allot about the boat in question. It is amazingly well taken care of.

All these comments make me very certain - that i'm uncertain. I have to go test drive these boats -!... And theyre aren't to many of them in south florida waters.

I'll try and post more comments when I get out of work.... Thanks again!
William...

Hi all,

Only one small update - I guess hes itching to sell the boat and he called me today to tell me he would give on the price a bit.

Not sure what that means but I'm guessing 1-2K less. I should probably try and do those sea trials.. but man-oh man... would I love to get a boat soon..

Well... Just ranting again...
Thanks for yalls help!
william.

Wicho":1gi42lii said:
Remove the kicker (keep it up front btw the two seats (under a starboard peice) for long voyages to the Bh's?? The rear of the boat tended to get water inside from the back when all three of us were in the rear.. (from the cockpit (self bailing scuppers ) thingys)... And once.. when we slowed down the engine got drenched with the natural boat wave (completely and from the top).
wp.....

You could live with all that for "$1-2,000 discount"?

FishFactory":3b5bkr8x said:
You could live with all that for "$1-2,000 discount"?

Not at all - but if this can be generally improved (taking the earlier comment that it is "correctable") - and if the price gives me some flexibility in the future (in case I can't live with it)... then it may be worth buying and if i have to move on.. it won't hurt as much....

Thanks for keeping me honest though - that whole water thing really was a negative. I just can't beleive that Parker would sell a boat for that many years and have problems like this....

But I still need to do those sea trials!.....

Hello All!

Ok... I did it!

I bought the boat yesterday after taking another ride in it.

I didn't do as much homework as I probably should have done but I have a feeling that I'll be ok!....

I will post pics and introduce my self.. as soon as I can ...
Thanks for all your help with this!

And .. just a reminder - whenever y'all come to Miami.. I'll be glad to give you a tour!

william.

GREAT!

Post a lot of pictures, often...help balance all of the Parker cabin boats here! Miami? Not too late for a sailfish or three. :D

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the ParkerNation.

Let us know how you move the weight around. Removing the kicker and moving the batteries up front should make a big difference. Change out the standard 10' of chain on the anchor rode to 10 to 1.5 times the lenght of the boat. That should add 30-40 lbs at the bow. Boats anchor much better with a good chunk of chain on the rode anyway.

If you move the batteries up front, make sure you use large diameter (low guage) wires. The computers on Yamis are sensitive to voltage, and wires that aren't big enough will cause a voltage drop and no end of problems. If I were doing this, I'd probably go with 4 or 2 ga wires.

Dave

I took delivery last August 2006 from Boat Center in Miami of a 2300 CC DV 2006 with a Yamaha F250,front cushions,rocket launcher type seat,cockpit coaming pads total 43K plus 3800 for heavy duty trailer plus tax.greta boat,just installed a Birdsall double bow t-top with top guns,excellent set up.you are going to love that new boat you bought,good luck.

Robert Cibran
[email protected]

Robert Cibran":qxhl39lz said:
I took delivery last August 2006 from Boat Center in Miami of a 2300 CC DV 2006 with a Yamaha F250,front cushions,rocket launcher type seat,cockpit coaming pads total 43K plus 3800 for heavy duty trailer plus tax.greta boat,just installed a Birdsall double bow t-top with top guns,excellent set up.you are going to love that new boat you bought,good luck.

Robert Cibran
[email protected]

Great deal! I know where my next Parker will come from.

Hi All!

Thanks for the responses...

Just got back from a business trip in Chicago - No access so apologies for my delay!..

Ok - This is weekend #2 of the boat and I have to say I'm quite over whelmed. I want to maintain the great shape its in and have started to look at chemicals for the boat and aluminum... I have to do allot of research I guess.

I got pictures uploaded finally: http://picasaweb.google.com/williampozo/ParkerPictures

Check out the kicker... and the steering pictures. I have a tiny steering oil leak I need to take care of.

The boat is near perfect. Folks in the Marina Commented on the "new" boat (they thought it was brand new!)....

Here is the list of projects:
Remove the Kicker
Fix the steering leak
100 Hr. Service
Moves those batteries forward
Buy all known cleaning agents/polishes etc..
Get the filler cushion and deck for the forward seating
Buff out some Yellowing near the bottom paint line on the port side of the hull

More.. but I have to try and peice this out!....

Ok - its saturday.. and I should be at the Marina!...
I'll try and check back later this weekend :)..

William.

Anyone notice how the Parker dewarfs a Boston Whaler (?) w/twins docked in front? :D

Looks great! I know I was pushing for moving the batteries forward, but I am in the middle of spring commissioning and have decided to delay my own project of battery relo for a while. It is not a trivial task.

I think you'll get quicker bang by simply removing the extra engine and enjoy the boat for a bit before taking on the battery project.

dave-j":1qws1eqf said:
Looks great! I know I was pushing for moving the batteries forward, but I am in the middle of spring commissioning and have decided to delay my own project of battery relo for a while. It is not a trivial task.

I think you'll get quicker bang by simply removing the extra engine and enjoy the boat for a bit before taking on the battery project.

Yeah - This is a big project that I will wait on. I have so many other projects to. I'm working on that kicker now..

Whenever I slow down water rushes toward and on top of the 225 - I'm hoping this "South Beach" diet will work :)...

Back