23 SE or 23 DV for family hauler

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perdidokid

Reaction score
Looking to haul family around (4 of us plus 4 or so friends at any one time). Like the full transom and added room of DV. Like shallow water capability and smaller engine needs of SE. Is a 4 stroke yammie 200 hp big enough or 225hp preferred? I see both for sale time to time but want a good easy ride that can get on plane with load plus pull kids on a tube sometimes. Any help from you experts is appreciated to a newbie with these boats.

I have the 25se with a single f250. Fits many people. Skinny water capable and room for many people. Great for tubing, etc. I am looking to sell her if interested. Email [email protected]. Great boat and easy on fuel. 10 gph.

8 people in a 23 will be tight.
I generally don't exceed 6 in my 25 for cocktail cruises, tho I have carried 8 for an occasional creek crawl.

8 is a lot. But if you are gonna do it I suggest a 250hp.

Surprised so many think so few can get on 23. Thought it was a roomy boat.

23SE planes in a split second in shallow water with a 175 yami hpdi and 6 plus people. Also pull a huge tube with two adults and 4-5 people on the boat with no problem. I like the simplicity of the 23se with no t-top. i have had 6 adults and 6 children on the boat for a cruise nearshore and there was no issue planing but you could feel the engine struggle a bit with that load.

No opinions on the DV other than I don't like the forward seating layout and don't like the added length the bracketed engine adds but do like the full transom. I guess I do have an opinion:)

perdidokid":3q4yrq8p said:
Surprised so many think so few can get on 23. Thought it was a roomy boat.

It is a very roomy boat.

Maybe what you should do is to take 7 friends with you to the dealer and all get in.
Then you will understand.

I think it is a roomy boat...the cc that is. Don't know about cabin models. On the se, does the forward casting deck with cushion sit many kids? Looks like it would. We run usually four adults and four kids under ten yrs old.

I have a 2011 2320 sl 225 yahm I have had 5 adults fishing at once. I would say p/h gets you out of the weather cold or hot, dry storage lockable cabin. I would go with 225hp I looked at 2520 but for my needs and cost savings the 23 did the trick, if you can afford the 25' get it you won't be sorry.

On my CC the front deck removes to have two bench seat areas that are the forward fish boxes. Two adults can easily sit each side with casting deck removed. I have never had that many people on my boat that you are looking to have or kids that you need so don't know. I have fished 5 adults no problem, a 225 or 250 for the pusher would be my 2c on a DV 23.

Bought the 23Se a couple years ago. While it was intended to fish primarily, it has become the tubing/ski/dolphin watching boat. It is a great boat as it is easy to bring up on the waters edge to load and unload kids. 200 is plent of HP to pull multiple tubes and multiple people on ski's. We have even parasailed with her. I try to stick to the coast guard rating for 8, as I am always unsure of what the true ruling is regarding capacity. I think I posted on here before and somone replied that after 21ft the sticker is only recomended for insurance purposes. I would love to get the true ruling on the rating capacity as I often rack with smaller boats that are less sea worthy, yet have a larger seat rating. The 23SE has been the ulitmate boat for our family of 4 and friends. I do have the added weight of the hard T-top and still have to trouble with 8 people and getting her on plane.

Back