Manufacturer Defect

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleopoldi914

Reaction score
Anyone see this

My 21se I can see the backside of the gunnels the hardware and it’s rusted.

In curious if anyone has a 2021 21se and notices this?

I may take a hose and spray and feel the backside and see if water comes into the hull.

It is does may put a bead of clear caulk on the outside.

What you think?

The Out on the Reef video, and hull to deck joint/rub-rail leak issue, is relatively new; within the last week or so.
Correct the leak is new. Just want to understand if my boat is doing it. Also is that normal?

Correct the leak is new. Just want to understand if my boat is doing it. Also is that normal?
I understand now, and I hope your boat is not experiencing it. Unfortunately, a hull-to-deck leak is Not uncommon in the boat-building-universe, but it Is completely unnecessary. The highest quality boats will often fiberglass the shoe-box-lid joint, in essence making the hull and deck one piece. I know most boats are Not built this way; just too expensive. Most boat manufactures bolt and/or screw the joint and use adhesives to make the seal. How well did the 'adhesive-guy' apply the adhesive? Was the joint clean, debris-free when applying it? Most people who have followed Out On The Reefs 'crooked pilothouse' issues know that his Parker should not have left the factory (at least, my opinion), but it could also mean, other parts of his build were also over-looked. All his pilothouse windows leak profusely; None of my pilothouse windows leak at all! Nor does my hull-to-deck joint. (OOTR's boat issues could have been; new guy on the production line? disgruntled old employee? someone who just didn't care about quality?).... It's a long story I won't try to rehash here, but in short Linwood Parker offered to replace his boat; it was just too heavily customized by then, and OOTR decided to keep it. In many ways, he has made a good living off the crooked pilothouse, and I believe he has in a way actually helped sell Parker boats; very few 21' boats are as capable as OOTR has shown them to be.

Last edited:
I understand now, and I hope your boat is not experiencing it. Unfortunately, a hull-to-deck leak is Not uncommon in the boat-building-universe, but it Is completely unnecessary. The highest quality boats will often fiberglass the shoe-box-lid joint, in essence making the hull and deck one piece. I know most boats are Not built this way; just too expensive. Most boat manufactures bolt and/or screw the joint and use adhesives to make the seal. How well did the 'adhesive-guy' apply the adhesive? Was the joint clean, debris-free when applying it? Most people who have followed Out On The Reefs 'crooked pilothouse' issues know that his Parker should not have left the factory (at least, my opinion), but it could also mean, other parts of his build were also over-looked. All his pilothouse window leak profusely; None of my pilothouse windows leak at all! Nor does my hull-to-deck joint. (OOTR's boat issues could have been; new guy on the production line? disgruntled old employee? someone who just didn't care about quality?).... It's a long story I won't try to rehash here, but in short Linwood Parker offered to replace his boat; it was just too heavily customized by then, and OOTR decided to keep it. In many ways, he has made a good living off the crooked pilothouse, and I believe he has in a way actually help sell Parker boats; very few 21' boats are as capable as OOTR has shown them to be.
Thank you for the response and why I love posting here.

Good information on boat building.

If I do find it is leaking you think a simple run some sealant around is best way to remedy it? Quite frankly the few things I did have go wrong with my boat Parker was good with mailing me parts. My dealer is 1.5 hours away and our fishing/boating season is short. Don’t want to lay the boat up for 2 weeks. It’s an affordable boat so they use affordable components I am ok with that. Some of the items I even replaced to better products example under water lights.

Also you are right the crooked pilot house he is using to enhance his social media status and his clicks/revenue.

Thank you for the response and why I love posting here.

Good information on boat building.

If I do find it is leaking you think a simple run some sealant around is best way to remedy it? Quite frankly the few things I did have go wrong with my boat Parker was good with mailing me parts. My dealer is 1.5 hours away and our fishing/boating season is short. Don’t want to lay the boat up for 2 weeks. It’s an affordable boat so they use affordable components I am ok with that. Some of the items I even replaced to better products example under water lights.

Also you are right the crooked pilot house he is using to enhance his social media status and his clicks/revenue.
Simply running a bead of caulk is not the best way to fix it. If it works at all, it will likely be a temporary fix at best. I doubt anyone would go to the trouble and expense of doing the best fix. (removing the rub-rail; grinding/sanding; fiber-glassing the hull-deck joint. repairing/paint/gel-coating all the mess that would make). But, at least removing the rub-rail to actually get to the hull-deck joint would be a good 'second-choice' of repairs. Then this is a place I would likely recommend using 5200 (my opinion) as the caulk/sealant. On the joint itself; not on the rub-rail or rub-rail base....By the way; I did not imply anything negative about OOTR; in fact, I am a big fan of his. I know a lot more about his 'history' (that he prefers remains private) than most folks. He is trying hard to make a great Youtube channel and works very hard at his videos, editing and producing. He's a great fisherman; great photographer/videographer, and a great chef! In all candor, he loves his Parker as much as most of us love ours! He just ended up with the worst built Parker that I am aware of. Our Parker has none of the bad issues his has.

Back