2300 Hydraulic Steering Line Length

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstuart15

Reaction score
Does anyone know the length of the hydraulic steering lines required for a 2004 2300dv with a bracket?

Would like to have the new ones in hand before beginning the replacement. Thanks.

I have in the past installed them in 2 lengths. Helm to transom and transom to steering cyl . This is with a Bulkhead fitting. That fitting comes thru the hull and the finally length is 3ft long. Why did I do that , it's more expensive? Because the exposed lines on the swim platform are the ones that will take the abuse.... With my way.... It's a simple matter of replacing the 3ft line down the road.

That is a good idea. My lines are fine inside the boat, just getting worn/frayed at the swim platform. Do you happen to have a link to the fittings you used? I see a chrome one online, but would prefer something more durable if available.

My current line set has worn through slightly where it bends right at the motor and is exposing the yellow inner layer of the hyd. lines. Does that sound like an immediate fix is required or can they survive like this for a while? Would like to get through this summer and do the replacement with an AP unit over the winter.

Thanks.

Depending on the thickness you have to go thru.

Seastar pt # TFX HF5513 or TFX HF5512

As to the yellow showing..... Your at a crap shoot. You know it's bad.... do you want to gamble at No steering and crash the boat?

Back