2320 batteries? What does what? Charger recommendations??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tito

Reaction score
Hi guys I have 2320 and just dropped 3 new AGM batteries in today. I’m wondering what batteries go to what?? I have 2 on the port stern and 1 on the starboard stern. I’m pretty sure the 2 on the port side start and trim the motor and the 1 single is the house? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Furthermore I want to keep these batteries healthy can someone recommend a charger that will work for this set up?

Thx I’m advance!

Last edited:
Hi guys I have 2320 and just dropped 3 new AGM batteries in today. I’m wondering what batteries go to what?? I have 2 on the port stern and 1 on the starboard stern. I’m pretty sure the 2 on the port side start and trim the motor and the 1 single is the house? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Furthermore I want to keep these batteries healthy can someone recommend a charger that will work for this set up?

Thx I’m advance!
Can’t speak to what battery does what. I only have two at the moment and mine are below deck with my water fuel separator and pumps. However, we use the Noco genesis 2. It’s set up for charging two batteries and It has been great. It will charge batteries to full capacity and then supply a maintenance charge and serve as a battery tender

Identical to 12Parker2320: 1 cranking battery, 1 house battery. Noco Genius 2 bank 10 amps / bank. I don't know how you have your batteries configured. But, simply removing a negative battery lead, then testing loads should help you isolate your banks and determine what comes off each battery.

A Lot also depends on "WHAT" master ON/OFF switch you have.

A Perko switch......OFF-1-2-All.....does NOT give a dedicated House Battery.

It combines Starting & House loads at all times....It does Not matter what position you select. 1-2-All.

A Lot also depends on "WHAT" master ON/OFF switch you have.

A Perko switch......OFF-1-2-All.....does NOT give a dedicated House Battery.

It combines Starting & House loads at all times....It does Not matter what position you select. 1-2-All.
Yes both sides are on perko switch as you described. So when positioned off all batteries are isolated? Which mean each battery needs it be charged individually? I was thinking of getting a mastervolt charger. Unless you suggest something else.

BTW I installed the Airmar B175HW as you recommended came out great!!

As well as the bait tank you helped me with. Thank you for all your help. My friend fabricated the bracket came out clean!

Attachments

• E57EEA70-5A85-446A-AFFD-EB1739533FB2.jpeg
    E57EEA70-5A85-446A-AFFD-EB1739533FB2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • 0335B5F6-6691-4F53-BE05-528591494B04.jpeg
    0335B5F6-6691-4F53-BE05-528591494B04.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 26B83565-09C7-4ACA-A6F3-D0DA5F37E754.jpeg
    26B83565-09C7-4ACA-A6F3-D0DA5F37E754.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 899C11B2-7AF0-4CA6-907F-55BDF6014F15.jpeg
    899C11B2-7AF0-4CA6-907F-55BDF6014F15.jpeg
    1,022 KB · Views: 45
Neat setup with that adapter ring on the Livewell. :) Have never seen one. I install NoCo Genesis chargers.

I'd venture that you have one battery that's a cranking battery, and two that are wired in some combination as a house bank. I'd start by tracing your system, as you really do need to know where your power is coming from.

I'll also provide a dissenting opinion from the rest of the thread regarding the charger. I'm now using two Promariner Prosport 20HD chargers, one 2 bank, one 3. Both have been running great. They have a really good user interface with diagnostic LEDs and a "fuel gauge" style display that shows your charge level. They can also be configured for lead acid, Gel and AGM batteries. But what really drew me to them, is what they call the "distributed on-demand" feature. How this works: the charger is a 20A charger, charging let's say 2 batteries (2 bank). The charger will sense the charge level of each individual battery and dedicate its charging amperage accordingly. So say your starting battery, which just cranks the motor, is at 90% charge, while your house battery is at 60% charge each. The charger will take the total 20A capacity and dedicate more amperage to the lower charged battery, such as (ballpark) 7A to the start, and 13A to the house. This will charge your batteries faster and more evenly.

In contrast, most other multi bank chargers, including the NOCO I believe, divide their output amperage evenly by the number of output circuits. So, if you've got the same setup with a 20A charger and 2 batteries, both get 10A, regardless of battery charge state. In a well set up electrical system, your house batteries will likely always be more discharged than your start batteries. So the distributed system means a faster charge time.

But, to circle back, your first task is to start looking at batteries and cutting wire ties, to figure out exactly what's going where in your power system.

Yes both sides are on perko switch as you described. So when positioned off all batteries are isolated? Which mean each battery needs it be charged individually? I was thinking of getting a mastervolt charger. Unless you suggest something else.

BTW I installed the Airmar B175HW as you recommended came out great!!

As well as the bait tank you helped me with. Thank you for all your help. My friend fabricated the bracket came out clean!
Did you personally purchase the blue water rod holders and top? I wanted to add those to my 48 gallon tank but they wanted almost $400 a piece form them

Recommend you trace all the wires as stated above and keep a hand drawn circuit schematic handy on the boat. Also, recommend you search Wart Hogs posts. He has several posts on battery setup including use of BEP battery clusters. Proper setup of your electrical system is critical. House loads should be isolated from your starting battery(s). Do some research, I personally learned when I did my research that I had no real understanding of what was a proper setup and why it was important.

Did you personally purchase the blue water rod holders and top? I wanted to add those to my 48 gallon tank but they wanted almost $400 a piece form them

I bought the whole blue water setup complete from Randy. The bracket was made customs by my buddy. I’ve quickly learned this fishing/boating stuff ain’t cheap!

Last edited:
Back