2320 fuel tank compartment drainage?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbaja

Reaction score
Hey there, just as the title says Im wondering if there is any kind of drainage for the fuel tank compartment on the older 2320’s? Im in the process of cleaning out my tank and would like to clean/hose down the top of fuel tank as well. But, I don’t want to do it if it all the runoff just pool around the tank.

Thanks!

I don't believe parkers have drains in the fuel tank compartment. Tank is bolted in and foam sprayed in around the tank.
I know my 2120 didn't have a drain out of that void. In fact i had the problem of water getting into that compartment thru hull inspection plates that weren't water tight and it added considerable weight to hull. I ended up drilling holes thru deck (scary project to say the least) to access that water and suck it out with a shop vac. but i was able to get over 10 gallons of water that was trapped in that void. described in another thread-
https://www.classicparker.com/threa...listing-to-starboard.18600/page-2#post-134128As i understand it, all voids are not drained but sealed around the bottom and filled with foam. the only drains are below anchor storage down to main tube under cabin deck into small bilge area underndeat and then on back thru another tube to the bilge access in back.
I have some pics of the hull layout i can post if you want me to that might explain this better. That is definitely one drawback of Parkers. Would be nice to have a removable deck to get access to the tank and other voids (which i believe to all be foam filled). i know some folks who have done essentially this...when the tank rotted out - remove deck and replace with a removable deck top.

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of, thanks for the input! I’ll check out your thread sitka

Back