2320 Garmin GT-21 Thru Hull Transducer Placement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
New to me 2320 already has a Garmin 545s installed but I am adding a 741xs with a GT-21 thru hull transducer.

Because of the size of these new transducers marina wants to install it mid ship rather than aft. Reasoning is in order to place in the stern the battery tray would need to be cut in order to make room for it. Also with these larger transducers they have been installing them more forward, also hearing it will perform better. Also having a live well pump installed in the back bilge which also eliminates room for the transducer.

Looking at an a small 4" access hatch in the floor inside the cabin right next to the floor drain in the corner. It would be in a spot that is not typically walked on going in and out of the cabin. Not expecting much water in cabin so not worried about that but anything else to be concerned with?

I am going to install a B175hw 20deg it will be installed on starboard side 12" from c/l of keel up and 9" forward of inside of transom.I have a DST526 installed in center of the keel and I did rework the battery shelf, not a big job.

NO.... Do NOT install the unit forward. That would be for a displacement hull.... You have a "Planning" Hull.

Move stuff ......reposition what ever it takes. Get the X-ducer correct.

Other wise you will loose the bottom pix at any kind of speed due to air being forced across the face of the X-ducer.

No I can't properly advise you of Exactly where to put it.....

1] I've never heard of "This" particular X-ducer

2] You have posted no "Detailed" pix's.

However.... Cutting the battery tray is no big deal. Furthermore better access into the area makes all the difference. :)

100_4350.jpg

The Right tool to make the cut, so you don't cut a hole in the bottom of the boat.

100_4349.jpg

Larger custom hatch to make access and maintenance in there easy.

100_4331.jpg

it will be installed on starboard side 12" from c/l of keel up and 9" forward of inside of transom.

If possible...... I'd like to see you get it closer to the centerline .... Like 4 or 5in Think deeper in the water.

Thanks warthog that was a approx. location I am going to move it closer to keel but am limited because of dia of locking ring. I will end up about 7" +- from centerline of keel. I have a transducer mounted on center now or it would go in the center, also I cut my battery shelf and re inforced it to get the 1st th in. I agree with keeping it as close to transom as possible, I will try to post pictures when I am done 17deg up north in Ohio not really into working on this right now :)

Back