2320 Horn Attachment

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDGEWATER

Reaction score
The Horn screws on the cabin roof of my 2320 are loose (won't snug down). Looks like the previous owner fiddled with it by adding a larger screw at one of the 3 attachment points.

Seems the factory used sheetmetal self tapping screws to attach to the top side glass of the "core sandwich". These were bound to loosen up with vibration.

Anyone have this problem? Should I try to fill the existing holes with Marine Tex, redrill and reinstall the self tapping screws or just go ahead and drill all the way through - add #10 machine screws, washers and nyloc nuts with ample sealant.

Thanks

I would drill through. I have tried the Marine Tex and always seems to need repairing again. Drill through and forget about it. Use internal lock nuts and it will not come loose. Thats what I would do.

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. I put get rot in the old screw holes and turned the horn around to face the rear as one side has already stopped working. Be sure to use flat head screw from inside and
burry the head in the headliner carpet and put the nylock nut outside or next time you hit a big wave you may need more than a bandaid. Don't ask how I know. I fount a small amount of rot as a result of the faulty install get rot and 5200 seemed to cure it though.

Back