2320 Pilothouse Questions.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIQ

Reaction score
This is a retry. Seems my last attempt didnt make it thru cyberspace somehow.

Im in the market for a new boat, and the 2320SL PH is on the short list of competitors.

Heres a couple of questions for Owners of this boat. Ive noticed the height from the floor to the gunnel on the Cockpit of the 2320 is pretty short. Or, I should say, to me it seems short. Out here in the NW, most of our boats have floor to gunnel height of 27-31" and the parkers seems real short in comparison. I know there are the toe rails, but My question is, Do you ever feel like you may fall overboard while fishing in sloppy seas?

as a follow up question its about how this boat feels while adrift. Im comming from a boat that has a 16 degree deadrise, so the deeper V will also feel different to me. Will passangers be holding on like a roller coaster ride with the roll of this boat?

We typically fish 4-6' swells @ 9 seconds, and have 2-3' Windchop on top of them.

Last, tell me about how she turns in tight quarters. At slow speeds, does she turn a tight circle? Im concerned about the bracket. Looks like under the bracket that, that support could act as a wedge and make the boat not want to turn very tight, especially in tight quarters in a marina getting back to a slip...

Thanks for your insight!

Im hoping to get a Demo ride this month, but it will be restricted to inland waters, which will be pretty flat, and no swell compared to the ocean..

I moved up from a 2120SC to the 2320 and prior to that, had a 21 GW Chesapeake IO. I was initially shocked at the harsh ride in the 23 in chop, but you sit relatively farther forward in the 23 and the difference is noticeable. The 23 is less maneuverable in tight quarters than the 21, but I keep the boat in a VERY tightly packed marina and get in and out OK. The 2320 is a very roomy, substantial boat and I would recommend it.

I have zero problems manuevering around my marina, and its pretty tight.

Also, I've never felt like I would fly over the gunnel in rough seas.

The 2320 is a great boat. You really can't go wrong.

Until you get "twofootitis" and wish you got the 2520 instead.

:lol:

I had a 27 Sportcraft prior to 2330 and never lost anyone over side in 12 years. On 2330 second week 40 miles off Southport in 6 footers lost one
with 4 or 5 ft swell. He was holding a small bucket in one hand and went to
grab a grabrail and found that they were not there. Since then I've added Parker grabrails to the cabin top and rear of pilot house. I think Parker stopped installing them on the 2330 as a costsaver a couple years ago. I would prefer 2 or 3 extra inches in gunnel height as on the 2830 however, there is nothing else that I would change it's a great little fishing
boat. I do require folks going offshore now to wear some type of inflatable vest. I find the "Stormy Seas" to be the most comfortable maybe not the best but but no one has complained yet. It seems to turn quite well in tight slips compared to my last boat.

thanks for the honest replies everyone.

I appreciate the feedback. Parker seems like a great boat, and most are confirming what my impressions were when i went and looked at one.

Its just hard to know w/o some first hand feedback, when looking at it on the trailer, or even if I was to go on a test ride in a glass calm lake...

I can tell you one thing.... It sure is hard to find anyone who isnt happy with theirs, and to find a newer used one for sale for a cheap price. They are completely non-existant out here on the West coast....

MIQ":1e9gz7b2 said:
They are completely non-existant out here on the West coast....

I looked for months last year for a used 2320 in good condition and for a decent price and didn't find much. I ended up buying a used 2001 2320 with only 130 total hours last year from NC and had it towed to So Cal. I am very happy with my purchase.

Good luck finding one in So Cal...

MIQ":s35e1lqa said:
I can tell you one thing.... It sure is hard to find anyone who isnt happy with theirs, and to find a newer used one for sale for a cheap price. They are completely non-existant out here on the West coast....

Similar situation here in the east.

I would bet that more Parkers are sold by word of mouth than by advertising. There is a greater volume of product here in the east, so there is a greater pool to choose from on the used market here.

I got mine through word-of-mouth... A friend of mine knew that I wanted one, and he knew of another friend who was selling... I saw the boat on a Saturday and made a deposit contingent on a survey the next day knowing that an ad for the boat would begin running in the paper on Monday.

When the ad for the boat began running in a local fishing paper on Monday, the seller had 20 names on a waiting list before the end of the week if I had backed out of the deal.

Right place... right time (for me).

As a member of ClassicParker, you are now a member of that 'circle of friends'.
Good luck in the search!

My coworker wanted your boat badly Kev. You stole that thing (even if you paid full asking pice)!!!! That was a deal and a half!!!

Back