23SE Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTSPOT

Reaction score
This is for anyone with a 23SE.

1. What engine do you have?

2. Horsepower?

3. Prop?

4. Fuel burn at WOT?

5. Fuel burn at cruise?

Thanks!!

I have a 23SE with a 200HP Yamaha fourstroke. Boat and motor are 2006. Prop is factory standard black stainless prop.

I have a t-top with electronics box on my boat.

It has bottom paint.

I get close to , but definitely not as goos as the Yamaha performance bulletin. However, I am happy with what I get. I never experimented with other props, but maybe I will someday. I usually get the following, with a full tank of fuel and 2 adults, various fishing gear, etc.

WOT - 5200 RPMS - 39 MPH (34 Knots) - 2.5 MPG - 15.6 GPH
CRUISE - 3800 RPMS - 25MPH (22 KNOTS) - 3.2 MPG - 7.8 GPH

I have a 2004 23SE with an F225, swinging an original SWS (not SWSII) 19 pitch. The boat is bottom painted and wet slipped.

My numbers are very, very close to the bulletin on the Yamaha site, even though that boat was tested with a t-top (which I do not have) and was swinging a SWS 17.

I will get you precise numbers after I use the boat this weekend if you like - but, FYI, my engine needs to come up a hole, and I probably will drop to a 17 prop, depending upon what happens after I raise the engine.

Right now, WOT is 5600/700 with my normal load (5800 trimmed WTF up); I'd like to spin closer to 6000. I burn 19+ gph and hit about 44/45 mph at WOT.

I typically cruise at 4000 rpm, doing just better than 30 mph and buring about 8.5 gph. Numbers are per my Yamaha fuel management guage - which is calebrated just slightly high (tells me I have burned a few gallons more than I really have over a full tank, which is deliberate on my part).

Let us know if you have further questions. Paul

I have a 2001 23 SE with a 200-hp-HPDI engine. I am using the standard prop that came with the motor. I get about 3 mpg averaged over all speeds, but cannot tell you the burn rate at different rpms.

The top speed I have ever gotten is around 42 mph. In seven years of running the boat, I have spent less than 30 minutes at speeds above 36 mph for fuel consumption reasons.

My stats for my 2007 225 hp engine are close to but not quite what is reported in Yamaha performance bulletin. But I do have a lot of equipment, bottom paint, T-top with big radar dome, full panel vs. open windshield, heavy triple AGM batteries, wet slip with some bottom growth and often run with the livewell full, so I'd say the bulletin is pretty reliable. Ventilating the heck out of the prop I actually got 6000-6100 rpms (and max speed) last year, but this season for some reason I max out around 5800-5900. Top recorded speed was 45 mph on the GPS last year but that was with favorable current. Can reach 42 mph easily, 43 with some effort and 44 with perfect yogic concentration.

Since originally posting I've been monitoring fuel burn more closely. Here, I do have greater deviation from what the performance bulletin predicts. I generally burn about 10.3 gph at 4000 RPM rather than that 7.7 gph predicted, for fuel economy of 2.9 rather than the predicted 3.9. Caveat again though is that my 23SE is very heavily equipped, and 2 of those heavy AGMs sit in the stern battery boxes, which might impact performance.

Prop is standard Yamaha 14.5x19 T.

what about the 4 stroke economy compared to ox-66. i have a 2001 200 ox-66 and get 2.0 -2.5, but more often than not a little better than 2.0

i thought the 4 was 25% more fuel efficient. what gives??

also, what is weight difference anybody know off hand.

does a 23 se with a 200-225 four stroke sit high in the bow and low in the a$$ end?

Capt. John,
I went back and looked at the photos from the Annapolis raft-up Photos #2. You can compare my boat with yours as far as sitting in the water. I have the 200 four stroke. From what I can find, the the motor I have weighs nearly 125 pounds more than yours. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the weight differences.

Charlie,
Eden, Md.

1 Yamaha

2 150 4-stroke

3 14 1/4 x 16 stainless prop

4 better than those bigger and heavier engines

5 ditto for 4

Capt. John Deering said:
what about the 4 stroke economy compared to ox-66. i have a 2001 200 ox-66 and get 2.0 -2.5, but more often than not a little better than 2.0

i thought the 4 was 25% more fuel efficient. what gives??

also, what is weight difference anybody know off hand.

does a 23 se with a 200-225 four stroke sit high in the bow and low in the a$$ end?[/quote

My 23SE/F225 does not sit low at the transom, or ride high in the bow. No water enters through the scuppers even with a couple of guys standing in the back, so I my view the four stroker ballances well with the hull (I do have a pair on Group 31 AGMs in the console, and those are heavy - more than 70lbs each).

The F225 (and the 200 HPDI) is more than 30% more efficient than the OX across the rmp range on average (vastly more econical than that at trolling speed, FWIW). There used to be a "Hot Sheet" on the Yamaha site comparing the two, but I am not sure it is there any more.

In the real world, I average about 4 mpg at my typical cruise (about 4000 rpm), so that is a substantial improvement over the numbers you seem to be getting. Not that you asked - but I love losing the oil tank and 2 stroke oil, and the blue smoke on that first start of the morning. I appreciate the "quietness" (word?) of the 4stroke at idle as well.

Back