23SE Tweaks

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klawler9

Reaction score
Hey Guys - I've been a member here for while but have not posted much if at all. Name is Ken and I have a 2001 23SE bought last season. Love the boat. Run it out of Essex, MA. Mostly use it to visit the local beaches but do some fishing and cruising. There are a few things I would like to tweak and am looking for advice.

The non skid is in need of being redone - is this an easy do it yourself project and if so where do I get the product. If I do the non skid should I also paint the interior gunnels and again what product?

I have the twin helm chairs and no t-top so rod storage is terrible. Thinking about switching to a leaning post with rocket launchers but I am concerned about dealing with the holes left from removing the pedestals. If the holes are easy to fill that would be my preference. If not what are my options?

Colming pads - Seadek? What colors look the best? I don't particularly like the all "beach sand" but don't see an option for say a black background. I also don't see an option for a custom length which may force me to purchase two for each side that are 33" or so each with a gap between. Looks funny.

Seadek for seat pads? Considering Seadek also for rear seat pads as well as seat in front of center console and backrest. Has anybody used this and been satisfied with it?

Lastly the gaps on either side of the transom mounted engine are large enough for a child to fall through. I have 4 children under the age of 9. I was thinking of getting a Yeti cooler to span the entire space between the two seats and far enough forward for the engine to still tilt. Good idea? Bad idea? Would I need tie downs of some sort?

Lots of questions and I'm not sure if anyone will be interested in answering all of them but if you have anything to add I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ken
Essex, MA

are you trying to be thrifty or pay someone to do this stuff? you can roll nonskid. look on here someone did it on the inside of the cabin and it came out well. if you want to get involved with painting under the gunnels go for it its your boat. if you are going to be repainting the nonskid id pull the seats epoxy fill the holes then just paint over them then redrill for the new leaning post. a big yeti would help block the kids. and yes you would probably want some sort of turnbuckle style tiedown. sea dek is a cool product and they can get it to the exact sizes you want and whatever colors you want. to me id keep it the same color as the boat. or you can go to a canvas place and have them make you some pads for around 40 to 50 a foot. personally i didnt have them on mine and thought it was just fine. the added maintenance and nonsense involved with them wasnt worth it to me.

klawler9":2xiusiba said:
I have the twin helm chairs and no t-top so rod storage is terrible. Thinking about switching to a leaning post with rocket launchers but I am concerned about dealing with the holes left from removing the pedestals. If the holes are easy to fill that would be my preference. If not what are my options?

Todd makes a leaning post that (they claim) will fit into the pedestals of the original helm chairs. A bit pricy at about $720 from what I have seen, but it leaves no holes and gives you a leaning post with storage for 4 rods. I am considering going this route at some point on the 21SE I just bought.

Here is your Seadek

I still have to put on the long "74" comming pads up the sides which I have
They recommend above 60deg for boat and air temp
We had a spell of good weather lately so I put the smaller ones on

they will make it any size for you up to 74 inch and 20mil thickness
that's what I did on all
the comming pads will only cut to a max length of 74 "
But the standard width is 4.5 inches I went to 5.5 its a better fit
You can get two tone or solid I did both
Sand and Black and Black

P.S. the Yeti is a 85Qrt tundra and with my dri-dek and the rubber boots on the cooler she doesn't move
But with little kids even though there is now way they could move it you might want to buy the mounting system
they have a few ways you can do it

Attachments

• Seadek.JPG
    Seadek.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 439
My previous boat had a leaning post with rod storage built in.
It also had three vertical rod holders on both sides of the center console.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Sully":3fvwh3ug said:
Here is your Seadek

I still have to put on the long "74" comming pads up the sides which I have
They recommend above 60deg for boat and air temp
We had a spell of good weather lately so I put the smaller ones on

they will make it any size for you up to 74 inch and 20mil thickness
that's what I did on all
the comming pads will only cut to a max length of 74 "
But the standard width is 4.5 inches I went to 5.5 its a better fit
You can get two tone or solid I did both
Sand and Black and Black

P.S. the Yeti is a 85Qrt tundra and with my dri-dek and the rubber boots on the cooler she doesn't move
But with little kids even though there is now way they could move it you might want to buy the mounting system
they have a few ways you can do it

Funny - that's exactly what I want to do. Do you have issues with the floor and keeping it clean? I think I am going to have my entire interior repainted and fill the holes at the same time.

Thanks all.

PS - Tom the graphics guy from Newburyport, MA hooked me up with a great logo for my boat. My daughters are MAdison and Libby so we named it the MadLib. The Parker style logo came out great. I won't share it without his permission for now though.

I would like a really simple leaning post with a solid backrest, split flip up foot rest, in seat storage compartment and room for a cooler below. Who makes a good one that will give me the Parker-ish seat color?

This is what I want. Too much for the 23?

Attachments

• post13L.jpg
    post13L.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 352
klawler9":b55zpfa2 said:
This is what I want. Too much for the 23?

Judging from what I can see of the t-top pipe, I would suspect that the top and the seat were made by the same shop.
Take that photo to one of your local pipe benders, and a good fabricator could reproduce that to fit your boat.

Back