23SE w/ Yamaha F200- PROPS????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unreel

Reaction score
Anyone have a 23SE with an F200 that has done any playin' around with props? I currently have the standard 17pitch Black teflon that came with the boat...Looking at the Trophy Plus 4 blade, 13 3/4 x 21. I can't find any performance data on this prop.
Thoughts?

What is the diameter of the Merc Rev 4 17 pitch props?

Actually looking at going to a 4 blade Trophy from Merc, but i keep hearing good things are the Rev 4's....
Here's my stats with my current Yamaha prop...
I don't get more than 5500 RPMs...
At 5500 RPMS, I'm pushing 41mph
At 4400RPMS, I'm cruising at 30mph
At 3300 RPMs, I'm moving at about 19/20 mph, just enough to be on plane.
My numbers are actually decent...but I'd like a better hole shot, especially with a heavy load, and keep or increase my top speed. Not sure if that's possible but that's my goal.

I'm looking for a new prop for my 23se with a Yamaha 200 4s (2007).
Where did you net out?

I'm using a QuickSilver Diamond 4 aluminum, 15 x 16P. I went with aluminum due to the river I am moored in. The hole shot and stern lift are much improved, as is control. RPM tops out at 6000 with a few passengers and more than half a tank of fuel. When the boat is light with just me and less fuel, it will get to a bit over 6000. I can't say as I run at WOT a lot anyway. I like the performance, but don't have any numbers to provide, sorry. Got it from Ken at PropGods, really good service.

Trophy plus would be a bad choice IMO. It has a very small diameter and is designed for lighter go fast boats.

Mirage Plus
Rev 4
Enertia

Are all good heavy OB power fishing boat props

Hadn't made a decision yet....working with Prop Gods to try the Rev 4 17pitch 14 5/8 4blade next week. If I'm happy with the performance, I won't even try the Mirage Plus.

I have a 2320 DV with an F200 i had a prop built by power tech. Pricey but excellent prop. There locall distributor here on Long Island was very help full has tweeked the prop for me a few times with no charge. I am planning on raising the engine 2 holes in the next week.

Ended up with a Solas Rubex 4blade instead of the Rev 4....
Performance being key factor. Solas gave me better hole shot, better cruise rpms, and overall better speed. Only drawback is it's harder to steer while cruising, and when in reverse, it throws water pretty hard back into the boat. Who uses reverse???

Latest posts

Back