23se windshield height

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenw

Reaction score
I am getting used to my new 23se, my line of sight when standing is right at the top edge of the windshield. When it has salt water spray on it its difficult to see through the windshield.Also looking through the curved corners is distorting. I am thinking of cutting the top down a few inches. I find myself standing on my toes when docking ( i'm 6 ft ).Has anyone had this issue ? I have the 3 sided enclosure for when it gets colder.

Attachments

• 71675963895__B6C29F1A-8C43-4DE7-8E16-2DB89CA9E4FF.jpg
    71675963895__B6C29F1A-8C43-4DE7-8E16-2DB89CA9E4FF.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
I feel your pain. This is the one thing I hate the most on my 1801. The top of the windshield and the stainless bar are right in my view when running. I'm also 6', A little bit higher or lower would make a huge difference

My wife thinks i'm nuts, and told me to leave it. My last center console (that i ran for 30 years) had a low windshield . Just looking for a little feedback. Maybe it's just something i need to adjust to . thanks

You can trimit and polish the cut edge or If you'd rather you could make a new one easily to any larger size you want. Having the old one as a template makes it a lot easier if you contract it out.

i think my winter project is to make a shorter one using the existing one as a guide . thank you

I feel your pain. This is the one thing I hate the most on my 1801. The top of the windshield and the stainless bar are right in my view when running. I'm also 6', A little bit higher or lower would make a huge difference
I could not agree more. There are very few things I don’t like about my 1801. But every time I sit on that helm seat for a long ride it drives me nuts.

I had three sided isinglass shields made along with splash guards which close that helm off like an enclosed boat. I took the windshield off and stored it with just 20 hours on the boat.

I would love to see a pic of that if you have one. thanks for the feed back

I added a mat made of layers to give an extra 2” or so. Dri Deck on the bottom then cut foam flooring mat.

I had three sided isinglass shields made along with splash guards which close that helm off like an enclosed boat. I took the windshield off and stored it with just 20 hours on the boat.
Where did u have your side curtains made? I have a three sided phone booth style enclosure, but I would really love to get a couple spray wings.

I only have the small enclosure that came with the boat. but it would be nice to have a little more protectionIMG_9617.jpg

Back