25' Captain's Chair vs. Bench, other newb questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB JMAC

Reaction score
My father and I are in the market for a Parker and I think the 25' platform is the best balance between size and budget. I've poked around the site and have learned a lot but still have several questions.

- Was it an option to have the co-pilot space as a captain's chair or a bench, or do certain years / trim packages determine that layout?

- I know the 2510 is the walkaround, but what are the main structural differences between the 2520 and 2530 (is this an extended cabin)? And on top of that what are the main differences between the base model, XL and XLD? I imagine cabin size and deck space play a role.

I'm not very proficient with the search function so I apologize if these questions have been addressed. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Many thanks, Jon

The 2520 XL is a mod V hull at 16 degrees.
The 2520 XLD is a deep V hull at 21 degrees. I believe it has the same cabin and deck space as the XL. Just the hull is different.
The 2530 is the same hull as the 2520 XLD but with an extended cabin. Less open deck due to the extended cabin.

Someone else will have to answer the questions about the interior layout options.

Good Luck!

The older models of 2530 can also be a mv hull at 14 degree. The cabin usually has a dinette and bench seat or dinette and galley or any combination with those. What kind of power are u looking for?

shawnee83":339jec9q said:
The 2520 XL is a mod V hull at 16 degrees.
The 2520 XLD is a deep V hull at 21 degrees. I believe it has the same cabin and deck space as the XL. Just the hull is different.
The 2530 is the same hull as the 2520 XLD but with an extended cabin. Less open deck due to the extended cabin.

Someone else will have to answer the questions about the interior layout options.

Good Luck!

Thanks Shawnee - are there any other differences between the non-XL/XLD, XL and XLD packages, or just deadrise? Also, do you know what the deadrise is on the standard 2520 (non XL/XLD)?

kidfreediver":da1rlwrm said:
The older models of 2530 can also be a mv hull at 14 degree. The cabin usually has a dinette and bench seat or dinette and galley or any combination with those. What kind of power are u looking for?

Thanks Freediver - one of the boats I'm looking at now is a 2005 2520 (non XL/XLD) with I believe just a long bench seat in the co-pilot area (microwave below). I've only seen pictures at this point. It's got twin 150s on a bracket, but in terms of my preference I'm not tied to twins or single engine. I'd be using the boat for spearfishing and hook and line fishing as well as a platform to explore the Channel Islands camping or staying on the boat.

Curious to hear your thoughts on power options.

Thanks again.

2520 sl (standard size cabin) can have a bench seat or a single passenger seat... can be 14, 16, or 21 degreee. Notched or full transom.

2520 xl (extra long cabin) comes standard with 2 captains chairs and 2 passenger seats. I believe this is only 16 degree and full transom.

2520 xl same as xl but 21 degree dead rise.

I think SL SC models no longer avail. (Used only)

LB JMAC":qyl7btqy said:
kidfreediver":qyl7btqy said:

Thanks Freediver - one of the boats I'm looking at now is a 2005 2520 (non XL/XLD) with I believe just a long bench seat in the co-pilot area (microwave below). I've only seen pictures at this point. It's got twin 150s on a bracket, but in terms of my preference I'm not tied to twins or single engine. I'd be using the boat for spearfishing and hook and line fishing as well as a platform to explore the Channel Islands camping or staying on the boat.

Thanks again.
I have always been a single engine guy. I do believe in a kicker though. For the channels island I like the 2530 for staying on up around Santa Rosa. Hence why I bought mine.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445377077.680682.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445377077.680682.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 319
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445377111.280680.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445377111.280680.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 319
kidfreediver":1qyl9vz1 said:
LB JMAC":1qyl9vz1 said:
kidfreediver":1qyl9vz1 said:

Thanks again.
I have always been a single engine guy. I do believe in a kicker though. For the channels island I like the 2530 for staying on up around Santa Rosa. Hence why I bought mine.
Beautiful boat! The extended cabin of the 2530 looks nice and roomy but I think I want the deck space of the standard cabin. For your kicker, do you have it running on a separate fuel source or linked up with your primary outboard fuel source? Thanks.

tomysel":2nwm1dkt said:
2520 sl (standard size cabin) can have a bench seat or a single passenger seat... can be 14, 16, or 21 degreee. Notched or full transom.

2520 xl (extra long cabin) comes standard with 2 captains chairs and 2 passenger seats. I believe this is only 16 degree and full transom.

Thomas - that is super helpful. Thanks so much. One of the used boats I'm looking at is a 2005 2520 SL SC I believe - do you know why they discontinued them?

Also, I really like the canvas over your deck - about how much was that? And are you able to keep that up while you are under way? Thanks.

I bought the aftermarket bimini on ebay... it's 8'x8' came with aluminum frame for about $100... I used it for about 3 seasons now and it stays on all season (may-oct).. I think I can get about 2 more seasons out of it... can't beat it for $100..

tom

tomysel":31cnbrxz said:

Not to nit pick but just so no one goes away with the wrong info - 2520 xld same as xl but 21 degree dead rise.

The 2530 has the extended cabin. The 2520 models, both the XL and XLD have the same cabins. The newer XL models are set up for a single engine and have a modified V hull with a 16 degree deadrise. The XLD models have a deep V hull with a 21 degree deadrise and are set up for duals. Some of the older boats, including my own, are configured for single engines and have a 14 degree deadrise.

Back