25 elect,tiller,20" Yamaha on eBay

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questions on items you want to bid on like serial numbers, VIN's or other identifying markings should be asked before you bid on eBay. This type of information is tracked by manufacturers and law enforcement to prevent theft/pawn. Unwillingness to share this type of information would scare me out of the bidding. I don't want to assist a crook selling hot goods. I would insist on being provided the serial numbers for a Yamaha outboard - those motors are stolen right and left and are often fenced with identifying markings missing or altered. Besides, if you buy it and have it serviced at a dealer, it may show up on the computer as stolen.

If they don't want you to know the serial numbers, want untraceable cash and won't even tell you what town they are located in, that would indicate something is rotten in Denmark. Caveat Emptor!

never ever buy it before you can inspect it and run it yourself...unless it is brand new from a dealer or it is an absolute steal - say 90% off fair value

been there done that

I have done a fair amount of ebaying, and there are some watch outs for sure.

no serial number = no sale in my book.

It is amusing to watch used items sell for more then a new one. All it takes is two uninformed bidders lusting after the same items.

I have done well buying items that where put in the wrong category (two Ping BECU putters come to mind).

Good luck, but tread with care.

Back