2501 anchor locker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknotsebastian

Reaction score
anyone know what anchor fits right in the bow locker of a 2501? i removed a windlass and need a set up.

i tried a couple different sizes today and other than obviously too small for the boat, the stock on anything “the right size” isn't just too long to fit across the locker, but too thick to allow the latches to lock her down ???

thanks

anyone know what anchor fits right in the bow locker of a 2501? i removed a windlass and need a set up.

i tried a couple different sizes today and other than obviously too small for the boat, the stock on anything “the right size” isn't just too long to fit across the locker, but too thick to allow the latches to lock her down ???

thanks
I believe what you're experiencing is a common dilemma. An anchor that fits the space, (it's designed for a Danforth style) is too small of an anchor for anything other than a 'lunch hook'. With anchors, a good rule-of-thumb is use the largest your gear, and you, can handle, and with chain at least as long as the boat. I tried to stow a 'spare' Danforth in the locker; no luck. Our Parker came with a 14 lb. Delta 'plow-style' on the bow pulpit. I immediately changed it to a 22 lb., and should have gone larger. I tried a huge variety of secondary anchors (from my near-hoarder-level- extensive-boating-stuff-storage-'warehouse' ☺), in the bow locker; nothing worked very well. I was hoping one of my 'spare' Fortresses would fit; nope, not even close. A very small Danforth did fit; one I used to use on our 10' Avon dinghy.

I believe what you're experiencing is a common dilemma. An anchor that fits the space, (it's designed for a Danforth style) is too small of an anchor for anything other than a 'lunch hook'. With anchors, a good rule-of-thumb is use the largest your gear, and you, can handle, and with chain at least as long as the boat. I tried to stow a 'spare' Danforth in the locker; no luck. Our Parker came with a 14 lb. Delta 'plow-style' on the bow pulpit. I immediately changed it to a 22 lb., and should have gone larger. I tried a huge variety of secondary anchors (from my near-hoarder-level- extensive-boating-stuff-storage-'warehouse' ☺), in the bow locker; nothing worked very well. I was hoping one of my 'spare' Fortresses would fit; nope, not even close. A very small Danforth did fit; one I used to use on our 10' Avon dinghy.

right.

guess i’ll just basket up the real anchor set up for when i know i’ll want to anchor up and put my literally “beach” anchor in the locker (10#?) to make sure i have something for any CG inspection if i get checked when i don’t have the main one on the boat (??).

maybe i’ll look into a spot lock for the future - although i got rid of the windlass because i need a “clean” bow for gbft fishing.

brings me right back to the basket !

Back