2510 stern drive to twin outboards

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony D

Reaction score
Hello I am considering retrofitting my 2510 stern drive to a twin outboard setup. Any advice/ experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Anthony.

It will be nice......But it will be expensive. What is you want to know?

It will need a bracket for twins with a big enough tub to add more flotation. It will need fiberglass work for the deck where that big hole for engine is now.....More fiberglass work to fill the hole in the transom. Possible fiberglass work on the helm to rig for twin controls. New wiring rigging for the new engines.....A battery added so you have 2- Start batteries and 1- House battery.

Hell I could damn near right a small book on it , but those are the highlights.

Looking at $40K

thanks for the reply warthog5 do you know if the gas tank will need relocation in the deck? And if the transom will need reinforcement. ? I was figuring this cost 40 to 50 k do you think I can have this done and get engines fo that price going to replace gas tank while I’m at it

are you looking to DIY or pay someone to do the work? dual 250's are going to set you back at least 40k these days. bracket is $2500. patching up the stern opening should be pretty straight forward but I'm guessing $3-4k or DIY the glass work for the price of cusa boards and fierglass at most $800.

I was looking to close up the transom on my 2120 and adding brackets but I'm reading mixed reviews on the ride and needing bigger trim tabs. You shouldn't have any problem on your boat.

thanks for the reply warthog5 do you know if the gas tank will need relocation in the deck? And if the transom will need reinforcement. ? I was figuring this cost 40 to 50 k do you think I can have this done and get engines fo that price going to replace gas tank while I’m at it
are you looking to DIY or pay someone to do the work? dual 250's are going to set you back at least 40k these days. bracket is $2500. patching up the stern opening should be pretty straight forward but I'm guessing $3-4k or DIY the glass work for the price of cusa boards and fierglass at most $800.

I was looking to close up the transom on my 2120 and adding brackets but I'm reading mixed reviews on the ride and needing bigger trim tabs. You shouldn't have any problem on your boat.

No I’m not doing work myself I was thinking 150’s possibly 200’s twin 250 yes will bring price up quite a bit I’d love the hp but not the extra money and weight that comes along with the v6’s.

No I’m not doing work myself I was thinking 150’s possibly 200’s twin 250 yes will bring price up quite a bit I’d love the hp but not the extra money and weight that comes along with the v6’

I was thinking 150’s possibly 200’s twin

If it's worth doing...Go inline 4 cylinder 200's. Or Suzuki also has 175's.

You do know that the boat will not plane on 1 engine....Correct?
This is because of the way the boat will be propped with twins.

No I’m not doing work myself I was thinking 150’s possibly 200’s twin 250 yes will bring price up quite a bit I’d love the hp but not the extra money and weight that comes along with the v6’s.
Not sure where you are but I know a guy who just repowered with a 2120 with single Yami 150 and it cost him $17k before labor here in California. he had to settle with 150 since 200's are back ordered. I'd have the motor worked out prior to ripping into it.

Not sure where you are but I know a guy who just repowered with a 2120 with single Yami 150 and it cost him $17k before labor here in California. he had to settle with 150 since 200's are back ordered. I'd have the motor worked out prior to ripping into it.
I’m in New York Long Island and be looking at needing engines probably around Jan

I’m in New York Long Island and be looking at needing engines probably around Jan
Start talking to your dealer now, and if possible get them ordered. I put twin F150s on order in January and they're expected around May. Can't speak to the 200s, but since they're essentially the same motor I can't imagine the wait time will be any less. COVID backlogs are still stressing the supply chain, and new boat builders are getting precedence for motor shipments.

You're looking at about $36,000 for F150s, and $41,000 for F200s, plus tax (good luck with that in NY).

Back