2510 Suzuki 300 Repower - What UFLEX steering cylinder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Togntime

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm repowering my 2003 2510 with a 2023 300Hp Suzuki and would like to upgrade the steering cylinder to a UFLEX. The UFLEX website is pretty confusing. I think I need the type 2 in either a UC128 SVS or UC128-TS. The type 2 has the bent link arm vs the straight link arm of the type 1. Can anyone confirm that the SVS series is compatible with the original seastar helm?

It's beeen since 2013.... But I'm pretty sure it's the SVS.

BUT I'd call Uflex to double check.

As an update, the info I received from UFLEX is as follows. The SVS unit is the high performance unit and requires a 1,500psi max pressure helm and hoses. The only Sea Star systems with 1500psi components are the Pro or tournament. The standard SeaStar is 1000psi. The UFLEX TS appears to be compatible with the standard SeaStar and TS is rated for 1,000psi. Either unit needs to be a Type 2 with a slightly different pivot arm to attach to the Suzuki outboard. I'm going to talk to my engine installer this week and see if they have an opinion.

I ran the SVS Ram. It had all Seastar other componets, but they were changed over time. The main helm hoses [Seastar] were never changed. The hoses going to the 2nd helm were the 1500PSI units.

Buy the SVS.... It's a Really nice unit. My therory is with what the Rep told you is if your Maxing it out.... and your not maxing it out. 600HP.

Back