2520 “sticking windows”

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_1

Reaction score
New here and am sure will be asking lots of questions. We have a 1999 2520 that has windows that slide well for the first 8-10” but then don’t want to open much further. Any remedies for this problem or are replacement parts available? Thanks in advance

New here and am sure will be asking lots of questions. We have a 1999 2520 that has windows that slide well for the first 8-10” but then don’t want to open much further. Any remedies for this problem or are replacement parts available? Thanks in advance
Hey Eric, welcome to CP!.... The windows on our 2520 open without much effort, but they don't open/slide back as far as one might expect. Ours are the 'Taylor-Made' brand window; (there is a Taylor-Made emblem etched into the glass of the lower aft corner of the window).... You probably already thought of this, but before spending a lot of $$ check the tracks for debris that might be stopping/clogging up the slide. Next try spraying some liquid/spray silicone on the upper and lower tracks to see if that helps.... I'll get on the boat today and measure how far back ours slide so you can have something to compare yours to.

Last edited:
Reactions: A-K
Hey Eric, welcome to CP!.... The windows on our 2520 open without much effort, but they don't open/slide back as far as one might expect. Ours are the 'Taylor-Made' brand window; (there is a Taylor-Made emblem etched into the glass of the lower aft corner of the window).... You probably already thought of this, but before spending a lot of $$ check the tracks for debris that might be stopping/clogging up the slide. Next try spraying some liquid/spray silicone on the upper and lower tracks to see if that helps.... I'll get on the boat today and measure how far back ours slide so you can have something to compare yours to.
Thanks, it has been sitting for a while. Definitely will power wash the tracks and try some silicon. It seems like the seals are a little stiffer farther back in the frame. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence with these windows

Thanks, it has been sitting for a while. Definitely will power wash the tracks and try some silicon. It seems like the seals are a little stiffer farther back in the frame. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence with these windows
Just got back from the boat. (Not a long trek; about 20 paces!). The side pilothouse windows open 17.5 inches... Yours opening 8-10 inches seems restricted... But! Do you have the newer, aluminum-framed windows, or the black framed windows? And, are yours the Taylor-Made brand? I ask this only because I don't know what brand was used on the Parker pilothouse boats in 1999. It could be 8-10" is all they are supposed to open... Like I said, I don't know either way, but I'm sure someone here with a 1999 will chime in to verify .. (Side note; be careful if you pressure wash the track, as you mentioned you might. Some of the 'fuzzy' sliding track material will likely be 'fragile/deteriorated' after sitting in the sun for 20+ years....

Last edited:
Back