2520 ENGINE OPTIONS

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing this info.
Is there a source available for the older performance bulletins?
Yamaha has a "Performance Site" that has hundreds of Yamaha tests, but it did not have the old one I posted. I forgot where and how I found that one. I take the WOT data with a grain of salt as they are in my opinion much higher than reality.

I find it funny all the guys here worried about a tiny little 2 horsepower generator on the very back of the boat next to the 1, 2, 4, 6 engines that are running all day long. SMH
Actually, I am more concerned for people who use the term retards and the damage that may already have been done.

But go ahead Champ, keep on huffing.

I’m familiar with the Hewes craft.

No way that boat needs a 425. I do not think the performace reports would carry over to a 2520.

Per the parker web site. The dry weight of the 2520 is 1200 pounds more.

Realistically the Hewes is only slightly larger then a 2320.

It probably would perform well. And I get what your saying.

The cost difference would be interesting. If the cost was the same my vote would be twin 200. Just to have the added redundancy.

Parker will only configure boats to their specifications. No customs options allowed. Otherwise not a bad idea on the 425. All the torque I bet she’d jump out of the hole!

Thats way to much hp. And u better get bigger fuel tank.my 2520 mvsc runs 43 with 300 zuke loaded. Will beat your kidneys out above 2 ft seas.

Thats way to much hp. And u better get bigger fuel tank.my 2520 mvsc runs 43 with 300 zuke loaded. Will beat your kidneys out above 2 ft seas.
I’m getting a suzuki 300 put on the back of my 2520 mv as we speak! How do you like it? Is 43 wot ?
Thanks

I’m getting a suzuki 300 put on the back of my 2520 mv as we speak! How do you like it? Is 43 wot ?
Thanks
U will be amazed at power and gas usage. 43 is perfect conditions. U can figure 25 to be ur most common area of speed. Mvs dont like waves. However the trade off is well worth it since i anchor alot.
Im going with the zuke 325 duo prop next year . Its a European model. My mv is 325 max hp.

My 2530 MV would run 42 - 43 with a DF-300APX

It's a White knuckle ride.....That speed is Overspeading that hull.

As said..25MPH @ 4200/4300 RPM is the sweet spot.

2.5MPG in the bay and 2.0MPG in the Gulf.

U will be amazed at power and gas usage. 43 is perfect conditions. U can figure 25 to be ur most common area of speed. Mvs dont like waves. However the trade off is well worth it since i anchor alot.
Im going with the zuke 325 duo prop next year . Its a European model. My mv is 325 max hp.
Can’t wait !!!!!

My 2530 MV would run 42 - 43 with a DF-300APX

It's a White knuckle ride.....That speed is Overspeading that hull.

As said..25MPH @ 4200/4300 RPM is the sweet spot.

2.5MPG in the bay and 2.0MPG in the Gulf.
Awesome thanks sir

Back