2520 Extra Seating & Storage Options

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyld3man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are y'all doing for extra seating, storage and rigging stations for the Sport Cabins?

I will need additional seating for attest 2, and was thinking about getting a Yeti cooler with seat pad for the deck. I keep going back and forth with this or getting the bench seat for the stern. Anyone use one or the other?

I was tossing around the idea of either installing a pedestal mounted rocket launcher or getting a cabinet with a rigging station on top made. If I did this I would mount it to the opposite side where the door opens against the cabin.

Just wondering what solutions everyone came up with.

What are y'all doing for extra seating, storage and rigging stations for the Sport Cabins?

I will need additional seating for attest 2, and was thinking about getting a Yeti cooler with seat pad for the deck. I keep going back and forth with this or getting the bench seat for the stern. Anyone use one or the other?

I was tossing around the idea of either installing a pedestal mounted rocket launcher or getting a cabinet with a rigging station on top made. If I did this I would mount it to the opposite side where the door opens against the cabin.

That was my plan on my 2120 until I realized that's where my second station is going to go eventually! I had it all picked out from boat outfitters. Your boat is wider, but I think they had parker in mind when they design some of theornstuffThey have the perfect cabinet for that area that's not a custom order. Now my plan is to convert the door to a slider, and mount a sort of folding tray to the outside of the door. As far as seats, I want to cut them all out! We'll at least the jumpers. I just need to work out a plan to keep just enough of a box to house the outboard connection grommets, while gaining standing room for another fisherman. However I've been on a newer 25 that had the folding cockpit bench and it looked right in its place, with the bolsters on the gunnels it looks good.

I saw a pic of the sliding door, that would free up some space and open up additional possibilities. Where do you plan on getting the parts to convert the door? I saw a pic of it on a website but when I contacted them they didn't seem to remember doing that project.

Thumb.aspx-2.jpeg

I saw a pic of the sliding door, that would free up some space and open up additional possibilities. Where do you plan on getting the parts to convert the door? I saw a pic of it on a website but when I contacted them they didn't seem to remember doing that project.

View attachment 32850
Here's a company that has the sliding door, and other 'Parker-specific' upgrades... Is it the same company/web site with 'sliding door amnesia' ? The ones you said don't remember the project?
It's odd they would be wasting website space, and not still making the door....
https://www.westcoastmarine.com/parker-custom-additions-and-modifications

View attachment 32850
Boat Outfitters out of Florida has a few different styles of sliding door hardware. Their stuff is good quality, and will stand up to abuse. A bit on the pricey side though. Not quite sure how I'll get the weather seal to work though.

Reactions: A^4

Aft bench seat looks cozy but if you’re doing any running in seas of any consequence with that bench seat occupied , the extra weight aft will be detrimental to ride quality and impact fuel efficiency. The Parker Pilot House Boats handle weight forward in the cockpit very favorably while underway but IMO intentionally adding weight aft is best avoided.

I say this based on the impact of weight aft during long runs in open ocean. That’s what I mostly do with my boat and in that capacity it’s a big deal. Operating in calm water, a little extra weight aft isn’t nearly as big of an issue....

Here's a company that has the sliding door, and other 'Parker-specific' upgrades... Is it the same company/web site with 'sliding door amnesia' ? The ones you said don't remember the project?
It's odd they would be wasting website space, and not still making the door....
https://www.westcoastmarine.com/parker-custom-additions-and-modifications
Yup, that's the one. I took a screen shot of the pic and sent it to them when they didn't know what I was referring to. They couldn't remember anything about the door but pointed me in the direction for the small cabinet in the pic.

Yup, that's the one. I took a screen shot of the pic and sent it to them when they didn't know what I was referring to. They couldn't remember anything about the door but pointed me in the direction for the small cabinet in the pic.
Edit; After reading the rest of the posts, I retracted my comment.... My apologies.

Last edited:
West Coast Marine is a very good Parker Dealer and their Yamaha mechanics are the best. Ask to talk to Kevin in sales as he is one who I believe came up with the sliding door design. I have seen it on a few of their Parkers in the past. It is a very cool addition and resembles the slider on the Radon boats which are popular here in CA with the commercial divers. Cheers, Kadman

Unfortunately we have lost Kevin. He was an awesome guy and will be greatly missed by all that dealt with him.

Back