2520 Fuel Line Replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lougio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I have an '03 2520DVSC that I own with a buddy and we are getting ready to re-power with twin Suzuki 200's. Originally had Yamaha 150 HPDI's. We want to replace the fuel lines and was wondering if anyone here has done this and do you have any info or tips you could share? We want to start out fresh with the new motors. Thx!

It would be a good time to clean the tank also. Use A-1 or A-2 below deck and you can use This above deck.... https://www.fisheriessupply.com/trident-marine-low-permeation-o-b-fuel-hose

I have found that clamps used in Fuel Injection are Very good.
https://www.delcity.net/store/Fuel-...eErLuFQdtHXqnbZDC4fEH6aaMNT2GqJRoCGH0QAvD_BwE
Hey, thanks for the reply. I was looking up Shields fuel hoses as that was recommended to me from a tank cleaning service that I called. It would be $1200 to remove the existing fuel, clean the tank and then pump the fuel back in assuming the fuel is clean. I also called another Fuel tank company to see what services they provide. Turns out they only fabricate tanks but the fella there said unless I had bad fuel, the tank is clean on the inside as fuel keeps the tank clean. More important was to make sure the outside of the tank was clean as they are only 1/8" thick and it's from outside the tank where you have most issues.

I disagree with what you were told...Somewhat. The Sender get removed... A piece of copper tubing is added to a hose that is hooked to a electric fuel pump that I have rigged up. The fuel is sucked out and filtered into a 55gal drum. 5 fresh gals of fuel are poured in with Startron marine fuel tank cleaner added. Trailer tilted Way UP....Leave sit 24hrs.......Then trailer tilted Way down....Leave sit 24hrs.

This cleans the ends of the tank where stuff will accumulate.

Suck that out using the pump....The copper is so you can get it in the back corners....

Filter it again as you put the fuel back in the tank.

For a filter...I use a water seperator filter funnel look it up....and have a paint strainer in that funnel /filter.

I disagree with what you were told...Somewhat. The Sender get removed... A piece of copper tubing is added to a hose that is hooked to a electric fuel pump that I have rigged up. The fuel is sucked out and filtered into a 55gal drum. 5 fresh gals of fuel are poured in with Startron marine fuel tank cleaner added. Trailer tilted Way UP....Leave sit 24hrs.......Then trailer tilted Way down....Leave sit 24hrs.

This cleans the ends of the tank where stuff will accumulate.

Suck that out using the pump....The copper is so you can get it in the back corners....

Filter it again as you put the fuel back in the tank.

For a filter...I use a water seperator filter funnel look it up....and have a paint strainer in that funnel /filter.
This makes sense. Any pics of this setup and filters after? Thanks for the info!

Back