2520 Headliner Debris Cleaning

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lougio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I saw a few posts about the headliner inside the pilothouses but nothing for what I'm trying to do. I just had delivered a 2003 2520 that has obviously been sitting and there are several areas of neglect. One being that the headliner carpeting simply disintegrates when you rub your hand across it or bump into it. I tried using a shop vac on it but it still is shedding. I was going to use a small carpet shampoo unit next. I figured one of you folks has just the trick for it. Also, any tricks on getting out the stains throughout the pilothouse would be awesome. Thanks!

Lou

lougio":a3sq69lm said:
Hey guys, I saw a few posts about the headliner inside the pilothouses but nothing for what I'm trying to do. I just had delivered a 2003 2520 that has obviously been sitting and there are several areas of neglect. One being that the headliner carpeting simply disintegrates when you rub your hand across it or bump into it. I tried using a shop vac on it but it still is shedding. I was going to use a small carpet shampoo unit next. I figured one of you folks has just the trick for it. Also, any tricks on getting out the stains throughout the pilothouse would be awesome. Thanks!

Lou
Sounds like time for R n R all or part . Maybe heat gun to remove. I think Sailrite has it. Use Search to find

B2

I bought a 2005 2820 and it had the same problem. Mine also had holes drilled through it where they had previously mounted stuff on the top. I went round and round on what to do and after much thought, I found a matching carpet at a auto upholstery shop in Riverside CA. I pulled down the old headliner and used it as a templet to cut the new carpet in the same shape, leaving a couple extra inches all around. I scraped and sanded as much of the old glue off as I could...took about half a day and was a messy job. Next I masked off all the side walls and sprayed the lid with a 3M headliner glue doing a couple coats on the lid and the carpet also. My son and I starting in the middle pushed the carpet up and slowly spread it towards the edges, pushing out the wrinkles as we went. When we got all the way to the edge, I carefully trimmed off the extra with a razor knife. I could not have been happier with the way it came out, looks just like new from the factory. In all it took about 1.5 days and cost about $200. The place i found the matching Headliner fabric is called J&J Auto Fabrics....they also sell online at J&Jautofabrics.com under "headliner Material" you will see a Cloth called "Rontex Marine Hull Liner". Its been a while since I did it, but I am 99% sure the color is the "sand blend".

Good Luck, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks Warren, I just came back to revisit the topic and saw your response. I'm thinking of tackling the project while we have this virus down time. I may contact you with some questions. Thx!

Lou

Hey Lou, I did the top only. It came out looking exactly like a new factory parker boat. I am now in the process of doing the walls along with rebuilding the entire interior of my cabin. It was not a difficult job, just a little time consuming. If you want to talk about it give me a call
562-841-3675

WarrenD":3oj8pnqj said:
Hey Lou, I did the top only. It came out looking exactly like a new factory parker boat. I am now in the process of doing the walls along with rebuilding the entire interior of my cabin. It was not a difficult job, just a little time consuming. If you want to talk about it give me a call
562-841-3675
Awesome, thanks I'm located in San Diego.

Back