2520 Parker DV. Please help.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysbigfish

Reaction score
I am looking to get a used 2520 DV. I am confused , some people are saying it does not ride comfortable,and it rocks when it is at stand still. The one I am looking at ,has twin 150 HPDIs .Can you please help?

I have a 28, my friend has the 2520 DV. The boat rides decent, remember the wheel is forward. The boats don't rock much due to medium deadrise and wide beam. Stability is a strong point. Take a ride and you be the judge.

Do yourself a favor and find a test ride on one; it will answer virtually all your questions. Do you let others pick out your women for you? Our Parkers are almost as important! (Again, this might also depend on the individual :wink: )

This was written as an attempt to be helpful, not to belittle. Never even think about buying a boat until you've spent time on the water with it.

our 2530 is a deep vee and ive never felt unstable on the drift. and any deep vee is gonna ride better than a mod vee. the ride isnt great, but its more than tolerable, even in pretty rough seas (and yes, with stock tabs!) granted the 2530 has an extra 300 lbs on the 2520 (5,633 vs 5,300), but overall this shouldnt make a huge difference. hope this helps!!

All things considered a 2520DV is a formittable vessel from a seaworthiness standpoint.

The headsea ride is not the best, nor downsea, but certainly not that bad.

In the right hands, in most anything, this hull can get you there and back safely, and comfortably.

As for stability, to me, the Parker DV hulls sit like a duck, particularly when loaded down. I fish on lot's of larger down east hulls and have a hard time standing up in them, ditto for "true deep vee" performance hulls.

You can't have it all, but Parker comes pretty close ....

Back