2520 scuppers partially submerged

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_1

Reaction score
We put twin Suzuki 200’s on our 99 2520. When we put it into the water to mark the water to bottom paint we discovered that the scuppers are 3/4 submerged. The boat has a full tank and two batteries in the rear.

We will be mooring the boat at Bodega Bay California and am a little concerned that it could take on water. The water wasn’t getting into the bilge but just entering into the “trays” that are slightly below deck level.
I’ve got a couple ideas but wanted to hear others before I present them.

Any and all ideas or solutions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_8810.jpeg
    IMG_8810.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8814.jpeg
    IMG_8814.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Move the batteries and while its out of the water you may want to make sure your scuppers are functioning and are sealed up properly. Whats the condition of the scupper tubes?

I always thought under the cockpit steps on either side would have been a great place for batteries with a little king starboard work. Definitely test the battery move first, but I bet it will work. Having water full time in the scuppers would stink. You would have to bottom paint the inside of the boat. You would get growth in those little trays.

Back