2520 sld vs 2520 xld

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Megabyte,

I was not specific enough with my question. I am familiar with the differences on paper and have had the opportunity to fish the XLD. Never have had a chance to fish or ride in the SLD 2520. If the SLD has very similar seakeeping and ride characteristics to the XLD it might better fit my needs. Specificly the wait for a slip big enough to accomadate it in my preferred port is several years. The SLD would just barely fit into my current slip so no wait. Don't particularly like having a notched transom but it has never been a major issue in my 2120.

Thanks again,

Mike

Sorry Mike. Sounds like you already are familiar with the two. :oops:

I'm fortunate that my marina does not charge by-the-foot overall.
If that were the case, my 2520 MVSC would be roughly 32' from the pulpit to the motor on the bracket.

I had a notched transom on my previous boat, and it was never a problem.
I don't see it being a limiting factor on the SLD either.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

notched transoms do have their advantages. for example, they dump water ALOT quicker than bracket boats :shock: . however, if youre running through bad inlets, (i run from Indian River, which is in the top three worst on the East coast) it offers much more oppurtunity to take a wave. they also eliminate the possibility for standard mount rodholders on the transom, but that can be worked around. do what feels right, i would not sacrifice a boat you want to own for another simply because of convenience, you never know when somethings gonna come up.

Back