2520 Souwester

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!
She cleaned up well. :)
Congratulations on saving a Classic.

Nice looking Sou'Wester. I'm considering repowering with etec's . How do you like their performance, I Currently have twin 225 Johnson Ocean Runners that run like swiss clocks.

Dylan,

I like evinrudes, I know they had some tough times prior to ETEC years. The boat is new to me so I do not have alot to say regarding this motor. That being said a problem did come up regarding spent fuel overflow, (see pic attached). I tok it to my Evinrude Dealer and they say the problem is not going to hurt the motor, and is a engineering problem. The dealer has requested a response from Evinrude, and we are waiting to hear back.

I have been conservative in the way a run my boat "first season". but this is what I know.
The boat is a modified V, 25' 4" the Engine is a 2008 225 Etec - approx 550 Hrs.
The boat has a flow scan meter with no fuel gauges, I beleive the flow scan to be accurate as it coincides with my fuel log closely.

At 2800 RPM - 22-23 mph SOG - 8 GPH
AT 3200 RPM - 24 - 26 mph SOG - 10 GPH
Full Throttle - 4200 RPM not sure GPH - didn't want to look! $$$
note: the above readings are no current no head wind/waves

I use the boat for cruising and fishing in Puget Sound/ Straight Of Juan DE Fuca/ Pacific Ocean all Pacific Northwest.
I do not have to run more then 20 miles out at the most, most fishing 1-5 miles.
The Evinrude trolls at 3-4 mph SOG, perfect for King Salmon.

Attachments

• Spent Fuel (Small).JPG
    Spent Fuel (Small).JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 253

Latest posts

Back