2520 Trolling Motor addition

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mexicobeach2520

Reaction score
About to add an electric motor for anchor lock and can’t decide on 87” Terrova 110# or the 84” Rhodan 120#. Anyone have a solid review on either?
Also, anyone want to share how they mounted one on a 2520 or similar?
Thanks

I have one of each: the Rhodan and the MK : two different boats : I have read SO MANY TESTIMONIES of the Rhodans malfunctioning and getting sent back to Sarasota, or having parts sent from Rhodan.
I have a new boat coming in 4 weeks: She will be getting a Minn Kota Terrova 36 volt, 112 thrust, 87" trolly mounted on the pulpit. Parker 2320.

I have one of each: the Rhodan and the MK : two different boats : I have read SO MANY TESTIMONIES of the Rhodans malfunctioning and getting sent back to Sarasota, or having parts sent from Rhodan.
I have a new boat coming in 4 weeks: She will be getting a Minn Kota Terrova 36 volt, 112 thrust, 87" trolly mounted on the pulpit. Parker 2320.
Would you share a pic of your mount?

sure: which boat? The 1801 Parker w/ the Rhodan? The 23' Albury Brothers with the Minn Kota ? I also have a flats boat ( Willy Roberts) with a Motor Guide xi3. The Parker 2320 coming will get a Minn Kota 36V 112" 87"
The 2320 mount is what I would like to see when you get it. That would be most like my 2520.
Thanks

It will be another 4 weeks before getting my boat, then a couple weeks before installing the trolly, but this is exactly the mount set up I am going to have fabricated.

C8053-DD2-BD0-A-4-DFA-B72-D-4790091676-F4.jpg

It will be another 4 weeks before getting my boat, then a couple weeks before installing the trolly, but this is exactly the mount set up I am going to have fabricated.

C8053-DD2-BD0-A-4-DFA-B72-D-4790091676-F4.jpg
Very good! The TM is outside of your bow rail?
Do you have a top view?
Thanks again

I have a Rhodan on my 2017 2520 parker. Had a board go out on second trip. That being said they were VERY responsive. Customer service was outstanding. Keeping me loyal for now. I had mine mounted a little different. mine goes across the bow and slides under the rail. In my opinion its a cleaner install but a little cumbersome to deploy. We put lithium batteries under the bench seat.

I have a Rhodan on my 2017 2520 parker. Had a board go out on second trip. That being said they were VERY responsive. Customer service was outstanding. Keeping me loyal for now. I had mine mounted a little different. mine goes across the bow and slides under the rail. In my opinion its a cleaner install but a little cumbersome to deploy. We put lithium batteries under the bench seat.
Thanks. I’m gathering as much info as possible about mounting before I decide how I want to mount. Do you have any pics of your mount?
Thanks

I Just had the 72# 112 Terrova 36v installed on my 2100.
Using it to sit on reefs in so cal , it is fantastic .
In any comfortable sea conditions 72" is enough for my boat .
I have deployed it in 15kt wind conditions and it holds but dose bounce out of the water and flex the shaft pretty good.
At that point in my 21' it's time to call it a day anyway.
It was installed by Nick at the Trolling Motor Doctor.
IMG_1923.JPG

The testimony above is why I will never buy another Rhodan. They seem to ALWAYS break: yes, customer service is great: new parts overnighted, etc... but, I don't have time for complications: once I install a product, I want to set it and forget it.

Minn Kota has been around a VERY long time: Rhodan is still "new" to the game. I have a Rhodan, but will not buy another.

The 2100 pictured above is a very clean functional install but apples to oranges...Center console vs. Pilothouse. No bow rail vs. west coast bow rail.

I also went w/ lithium on my last install: it is very sweet and makes economic sense. Relion is the brand I went with : sold that boat. The new Parker will get (3) Relion RB50's in series for 36 volts: undetermined until I start climbing around on that boat where I'll place the batteries: They will need their own dedicated charger ( lithium capable: powermania).

For AGM batteries, it's hard to beat the NOCO genius.

Last edited:
About to add an electric motor for anchor lock and can’t decide on 87” Terrova 110# or the 84” Rhodan 120#. Anyone have a solid review on either?
Also, anyone want to share how they mounted one on a 2520 or similar?
Thanks

My 2015 2520 XLD is on the schedule in a few weeks for an 84” 36v Rhodan. Mounting from the bottom of the pulpit seems to be my best option. Even with all the concerns, I feel Rhodan is the better choice.

I've been pondering this issue. I'm a Minn Kota fan. Never heard of the other brand. I have the west coast rail. It might not clear when raising and lowering. I was going to build a wood mock up and test. Considering cutting the front u shaped portion of rail and fitting with pins to remove when using trolling motor. The other issue in the forward bunk portion of the pilot house. An extension platform on the pulpit to lengthen or a shim to raise unit so when it's up the motor can rest flat and not thrash the gel coat. Please anybody with mod pictures. We could use ideas.

Ej

I Just had the 72# 112 Terrova 36v installed on my 2100.
Using it to sit on reefs in so cal , it is fantastic .
In any comfortable sea conditions 72" is enough for my boat .
I have deployed it in 15kt wind conditions and it holds but dose bounce out of the water and flex the shaft pretty good.
At that point in my 21' it's time to call it a day anyway.
It was installed by Nick at the Trolling Motor Doctor.
View attachment 25892
Does the motor shaft actually cross some of your cockpit bow area? Can you still access your anchor locker with the TM in the stowed position? I notice you have a windless preventing a mount that would have the tm shaft laying over the washboard when stowed

I believe it does. But who cares if you have spot lock on ur trolling motor. If you use ur anchor that would be a problem.....
Depending on where the base of the TM is located. With a long shaft it would end up on the front of the bunk section of pilot house when it is up. I haven't figured out how to make it work yet.

Considering a spot lock type trolling motor for my 2520, specific motor recommendations wouldnbe apprecotedI like the mount on custom pulpit shown.

Question- do I need a dedicated battery bank? I have 4 deep cycle marine batteries (can’t recall group size, but they are large diesel pick up sized) 2 for house bank, and 1 for each outboard starting. Plug into shore power nightly, wouldn’t run the trolling motor Super long hours. Thanks

Back