2520 XLD sport cabin with a 250 hp

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OT

Reaction score
A dealer has a 2520 XLD sport cabin with a 250 hp. I was wondering if anyone has this set up and what the performance numbers are? Is this underpowered since it is a deep Vee?

OT

I have a 2520DV (deep vee) with a 250hp Ox66 on a bracket. The boat generally cruises, in calm seas, at round 25mph at 4300RPM's. Sometimes a little more, sometimes less. In very heavy seas I will slow to 20mph and slog through them. Otherwise, 4500RPM's typically is around 27 mph. WOT is high 30's.

Ideally, I would prefer a single 300hp on this boat, but they are too new and way too expensive for me to consider it. I hope to get another 1500 hours out of my very reliable Ox66.

OT, not to bash John because what he said is true, but his boat is 1000 LBS lighter than a 2520XLD. I'm sure the dealer will sea-trial it with you if your serious. I know I would. You could also try the factory they may have tested it that way and have the #'s for you. Good luck Brad

Is the XLD really 1000lbs heavier? The only difference is the slightly larger cabin. I too have a bracket on mine. I would guess maybe 100lbs tops.

John and Brad,

I am looking in the brochure again and this is the description:

1) Dry WT:(2520 XL=5300 lbs),(2520 XLD=5800 lbs)
2) Deadrise:(2520 XL=16 deg.),(2520 XLD= 21 deg.)
3) Ext. Bracket = Yes on both
4) Cabin length = Same in all dimensions between the two.

Note: The "SL" model is the one with the notched out transom in the 25 ft. version. Parker is not consistent because in the 23 ft version they use "SL" for the version with the extended bracket.

I would like to sea trial it but I am from the west coast and am trying to buy it on the east coast. Just wanted to get as much information as possible before flying over there. Once there, it will be either put a deposit down or come home empty handed.

OT

the XLDs also have much higher freeboard than the older 2520 models. in my harbor (down on Parker Row :D ) there is a 2002? 2520 docked right next to a 2006 2520 XLD. the differnece is night and day. ive ridden on that very XLD and noticed that it is much more difficult to touch the surface reaching over the gunnel. just my thoughts, i figure that would probably add some weight

Back